News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Of The Lake

Started by BLAKDUKE, May 21, 2008, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madge Estes

Alas, I won't be able to make it.  I will be performing that weekend at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center.
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Woodsman

Landshark #77

Crosslevel

Does anyone know what the weapons policy is? I've tried to contact but have not received any reply.:'(
adam

Escarlata

Hi, Adam. You can carry here, they must be peace-tied. At least, that was the policy last year. See you soon!
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Crosslevel

Thanks Escarlata! I can't believe season is here again!!! Can't wait to see you and all my RF friends I met last year!

adam
adam

Sir LJ

Hurry Up! Hurry Up! Hurry Up!
Maybe I should change my name to Lord Impatience!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Bronwyn

Just under 5 days left!!!!  Yeah!

Finally got my outfit finished last weekend!  I am so excited!  :-)

Escarlata

Ohhh, thanks for posting that, Bronwyn, it triggered the memory that I need to do a bit of sewing and follow-up. We'll see you all soon!
Esc be no lady!

Bronwyn

The outfit I had in Colorado was made of Wool and wool blends!  I decided to do this one mostly out of cotton.  Let me tell you, muslin is difficult to work with sometimes.........  :-\

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Escarlata on November 03, 2008, 07:15:20 AM
Ohhh, thanks for posting that, Bronwyn, it triggered the memory that I need to do a bit of sewing and follow-up. We'll see you all soon!

M'Lady

A couple of questions.   What is the terrain like at the faire,  I have a new pair of boots that I may try.  Second, is the faire King + Queen or just one or the other. 

The Blakduke
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Woodsman

We did our final check on all our garb today and our 2 granddaughters (5&6) look great in their new garb. Hope to see you this weekend. ;D
Landshark #77

Escarlata

Sorry about the delay in response, BlakDuke. The faire is in a county park, fairly flat, mostly grass, a little asphalt or concrete sidewalk (can't remember which at the moment), and some wooden boardwalks. Quite a bit of trees down by the lake but the rest of the area is wide open. Some kind of head covering and/or really good sunscreen is recommended.

Lady of the Lakes is an Elizabethan Faire with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth I as the monarch. She is on progress and meets several nobles but there is no king and I don't think there are any suitors planned for this year's storyline.
Esc be no lady!

BLAKDUKE

M'lady Escarlata:

For all of the assistance you have given my lady and I, it shall be my priveledge and honor to stand for a large glass of wine for you when we get there.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Escarlata

Good Sir, I will look forward to greeting you and your Lady and join you for that glass. With any luck they will have the good mead that they had last year. We will have a bit of a discussion at that time about your courtly habit of addressing me as M'lady *chuckling* for Esc be no lady.
Esc be no lady!

iain robb

Ah, I beg to differ with you, Escarlata, for if grace, style and wit denote a lady, you are indeed a lady.

I trust I will have the pleasure of greeting you once again this Saturday at Lady of the Lake.