News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I have a question

Started by Lady_Claira, August 09, 2009, 04:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus Ex Machina

Legendary Hellraiser

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on August 09, 2009, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: Welsh Wench on August 09, 2009, 08:19:56 PM
Yeah, Seamus, I lost a whole tube of lipstick to you.

Wait, that wasn't a Rogue-ing. That was a Wenching.

And we have pictures to prove it.  :o

A Wenching...  yes......  and the look on their faces was priceless...   

As was the hideous sight of of a drunken pyrate wearing lipstick and a leer...

"The horror.......the horror......"

Oh God, I had just gotten that memory out of my head....

"No. No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Malcolm

Pictures are worth a thousand words:

A Rogueing at MIRF

A Wenching at MIRF
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: LadyShadow on August 09, 2009, 06:15:45 PM
I would love to watch this take place.

One of the stops on the "Frilly Collar Comedy Tour" will be TRF for All Hallows Eve weekend....! ;)

Get your tickets today!
Legendary Hellraiser

LadyShadow

Any other weekends?  I have a commitment at the Bike Rally in Galveston that weekend and wont be there  :'(
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Count Adolfo

wow, has this ever taken on a life of its own... wow... it's awesome to see so much interest in the Rogues Guild!

To clarify some of this a bit, because Lady Maud has a very valid point.  If you travel from Faire to Faire... locale to locale, you'll notice variations on the theme.
There are some specific rules, etc. but as I've said, this is really somewhat secretive and isn't typically broadcast all over the internet...  :P
What Seamus is describing there is a Roguing that is something of an Expanded Rogue Duel.  It can also be done without the 'competitive' edge to it... and there are at least 4 other variations I can think of offhand for executing a Roguing... but shhhhhh!!!

One interesting way I've heard a Roguing described is a Wenching in reverse.  This isn't technically accurate, because, as Seamus stated, there's NO touching involved in a Roguing except to deliver the rose...

It's all in VERY good fun... so feel free to play along and have a good time.

Lady_Claira

I've always had an interest in a few of the guilds. Rogues sounded cool mainly because of a way a good friend (and also a rogue) described them to me. But you are right on the secretive part, Adolfo, because I have always gotten the same answers when I asked and that was usually...

"Just wait a little longer. Once we corrupt you, you'll understand" LOL

But on the other hand, I appreciate the little bit you did say :D
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Count Adolfo

I do hope your friend thoroughly and promptly corrupts you...
'tis a long trek North for me to have to do it
;D :P

Lady Christina de Pond

Hmmm never seen a rogueing sounds fun
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady_Claira

Oh don't worry Adolfo, my mind has already been quite corrupted. It has taken up residence in the gutter due to a few friends I have. I'm just very self-conscious so that corruption remains incredibly hidden. But, my friends have been working to change that and knowing them...

It'll probably happen. Just give it time!  ;)
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Welsh Wench

Well, there are wenchings....and then there are WENCHINGS. Just some don't turn out quite the way the IWG expected.... :D

Admit it--the last picture is heart-warming!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Count Adolfo

Aye, it is...
like a brother, that man is to me!

figures we were both in kilt that day
it was an awesome time, it really was... I can't wait for next season.

(disclaimer- no sheep were harmed in the filming of this event)

Dayna

As a wench who has seen many roguings but will never herself be rogued, at Bristol we much prefer the sincere and/or slightly bawdy in both our wenchings and our roguings.  Raunchy is not tolerated, risque depends upon the identity of the recipient.  It is done as much to show respect and admiration as it is to embarrass, and never without the approval of the recipient.

Dayna
Bristol FoF Hench
Wench #3088 Local 34.5 (double the number, double your fun)
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Count Adolfo

...so... what makes ye think ye will never be rogued?

Seamus Ex Machina

We do bawdy, suggestive, full on raunchy, and occasionally Showtime Latenite.    Depends, always, on the recipient, the faire, and the crowd that gathers....

We're here all week...try the legs... ::)
Legendary Hellraiser