News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who was there for opening day?

Started by Damien Ryan, August 09, 2009, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien Ryan

/Signed

It was a blast, i wana post pictures up soon!

LadySeasan

I was there, and it was awesome. I sat and talked with the Queen, who complimented me on my gown (and good lord that was the best thing ever!), and she even remembered my name when we crossed paths again :)

Surprisingly though I did not take lots of pictures :( mostly of my husband, myself, and friends. 
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

DragonWing

I was there Sunday. Had a blast in spit of the early rain. What a great place. I will be back again.  :D
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Damien Ryan

did any one see me there?

if you were at the joust, and last archery demonstration, i was the really really loud person in the front row LOL (bit intoxicated).

McGuinness

I was there of course, being in cast and all.  ;) Glad to hear everyone had fun! it was a good weekend, even if everyone did get steamed on Sunday then ushered out by a very unhappy Mother Nature. Seems that severe thunderstorms are become an Opening Weekend tradition - it happened on opening day last year too.

Damien Ryan

colleen what acts were you in? wana know if i saw u or not hehe

McGuinness

I'm not in an act, per say - I'm in the faire's in-house acting company and cast. I play Lady Jane Howard, Countess of Westmoreland and sister of the Duke of Norfolk. If you saw Queen's Court, Tournament Joust, Chess, Peasant Dance, Ultimate Joust, Finale, or a noble in red and black, you probably saw me. I'll update my avatar as soon as I can find someone who got a picture of me that they let me "borrow".

Damien Ryan

ohhh ok colleen i saw most of those, i was like the only person cheering for norfolk at the ultimate joust, u prob heard my yelling LOL!

LadySeasan

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on August 10, 2009, 01:17:01 PM
I'm not in an act, per say - I'm in the faire's in-house acting company and cast. I play Lady Jane Howard, Countess of Westmoreland and sister of the Duke of Norfolk. If you saw Queen's Court, Tournament Joust, Chess, Peasant Dance, Ultimate Joust, Finale, or a noble in red and black, you probably saw me. I'll update my avatar as soon as I can find someone who got a picture of me that they let me "borrow".

i was at peasant dance! i love peasant dance.  were you giving the instructions?
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

McGuinness

Quote from: LadySeasan on August 10, 2009, 01:20:33 PM

i was at peasant dance! i love peasant dance.  were you giving the instructions?

Attempting to, when I wasn't forgetting random steps and mixing up left and right.  ::)  What can I say, it was a long, hot weekend and I'm rusty.  Glad you had fun - come introduce yourself next time so I can put a face with a screenname! I promise I'll try to get the steps right next time.  :)

BubbleWright

I was there early on Saturday and set up the Renaissance Bubble Machine to greet visitors to the Shire as they made their way to the Gate. It keeps the nipperkins amused until the Gate is thrown open. Once the throng had surged into the Shire, I made my way in and made bubbles all day in the lanes. The Cast is quite taken with the bubbles, particularly those who are new. Even the Queen loves the bubbles and sent her Yeoman to play in them (watta hoot!!!). About 5 of the clock I trundled the RBM back out to my conveyance and put it away. I returned for my evening meal and then the Finale in Song. Sunday I repeated my bubbling around the Shire until 1 and 30 of the clock when I made my way home. It was good to be back at Mt. Hope, seeing old friends and greeting the Cast. Can't wait for next week.............  Felix
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Damien Ryan

I vaguely remember people shooting bubbles, but feel like it might have been little kids LOL!

Alisoun

I was there on opening day and had a very good time.  We missed peasant dance this time through, but we'll be ready next weekend.

Felix, we saw you and your bubbles in our journey around the Shire.  You bring joy to so many people!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

DarkLord

Ah yes.  I was there opening day.  I certainly saw the Bubble Wright (who I see wherever I go.) Goody at the wine shop and with tasty sangria samples on the way out.  I may also have seen Damien (that image looks familiar) and possibly Alisoun.
Vlad
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

Damien Ryan

omg vlad where you wearing that armor? im pretty sure i saw you!!!!

I was with a girl in like a peach colored dress and corset.