News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9th Weekend Recap

Started by Hey- Arent You?, August 09, 2009, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey- Arent You?

so..... although faire is done w/us.  we apparently weren't quite done with it. 8)
so yesterday we got all faeried up, and went to the Zoo. :o (springs, not denver)

had an absolute BALL! serious great big good time. walked/scampered around messing with people, giving out things to kids, the girls spreading dust & blowing bubbles.  already planning the next outing and whom to next pounce on.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

today, mowed the lawn.  :-\
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Avan

Wished I would have know. I would have come out with you and think about how the weekends are just not right without Faire.

Zoë

Yesterday, I went to a set build for my theater company, gave myself a blister with the power drill...yay! 

Today I went to the Highland Games with Charlotte.  I discovered my family's ancient clan and tartan, how exciting!  Also discovered that caber tossing is actually really exciting! 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Adriana Rose

It never ceases to amaze me how messy my house gets when we are gone  for 3 days a week!

I got to sleep in! Yay but strangly I am very BORED!

Demetrius

I finally took the tarp out of the back of the truck.  :'(

But! Hey, I found a special renfaire memento, much like the one found on the chicken grill after week 6, left by someone we aren't going to mention to you. Empty Busch can.

Also spent the weekend looking at the clock and thinking about what I would be doing at faire...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I spent the weekend chopping my hair off... well not totally and as a girlfriend says I now look like a Hamster... No a Amazon Rocker Chick... OK maybe I do look a bit like a hamster Toki and i then packed up a lunch headed to the mountains and sat next to a very peaceful stream drinking a wonderful Moscata wine (sampled at faire) and a Raspberry and Chocolate mead all in our Renaissance Faire Chalices. WOW it felt almost like faire... well not exactly.

yesterday was spend sleeping in to 9am then going to see Harry Potter and eating baked Almost Turkey legs (Chicken), smashed potato's and Not so fried corn. Yup a true faire meal if I say so myself.

The evening was finished up by watching King Henry the Eight... on TV as written by The Immortal Bard William "Shatner" Shakespeare
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on August 09, 2009, 11:39:44 PM

But! Hey, I found a special renfaire memento, much like the one found on the chicken grill after week 6, left by someone we aren't going to mention to you. Empty Busch can.

Also spent the weekend looking at the clock and thinking about what I would be doing at faire...

LOLOLOL!!!!

did it com flying out when you pulled the tarp out.?.... cuz that was the plan.

er... I mean.... gee, wonder how that got there.......??   ::)
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on August 10, 2009, 09:18:37 AM

LOLOLOL!!!!

did it come flying out when you pulled the tarp out.?.... cuz that was the plan.

Flying out? It wasn't a RedBull, Mr. Funny Goober.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on August 10, 2009, 10:20:40 AM
Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on August 10, 2009, 09:18:37 AM

LOLOLOL!!!!

did it come flying out when you pulled the tarp out.?.... cuz that was the plan.

Flying out? It wasn't a RedBull, Mr. Funny Goober.

yer just mad cuz it was an empty.   ;)

I swear, I have never seen any one person drink as much cheap beer at one sitting as Demetrius.... except maybe his twin brother Delerius.....   ::)

he did have the best shelter in camp, tho.  Water proof, wind proof and sound proof!
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

I miss the zone of silence- more than you can imagine... :-X

Francisco Paula

I tell you its all a hamster plot....and you all think they are cute and cuddly but they are planning world domination when we arn't looking.

Zoë

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on August 10, 2009, 10:30:05 AM

I swear, I have never seen any one person drink as much cheap beer at one sitting as Demetrius.... except maybe his twin brother Delerius.....   ::)

Haven't been to many college parties lately, have you?  ;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Avan

Well on Saturday Cynthia Orella and I celebrated our 1 year by sleeping in.  ;D  It was nice not having to get up and rush to be somewhere too early in the morning.  After having a relaxing morning we went out spent sometime in Manitou and Old Colorado City.  Unfortunately the first place I want to go for lunch wasn't going to be open for 2 hours so we found the Craftwood Inn and made dinner reservations.  We found a little roadside BBQ place and ate lunch there.  After a short nap and a change of clothes we made it to dinner. It all was good until I got hit upside the head with a bat by a summer cold. I took a bite of the dinner and was done.  She took me right home and made me go to sleep with some hot tea and cold pills.  Sunday was spent being miserable and avoiding the homework that is now incredibly behind.

Page1andbeyond

I had a kickin party on thursday that EVERYONE WAS INVITED TO, but not everyone came to.  *AHEM hey aren't you* then I went with the lovely ella ella eh eh (madrical) and sparrow and some others to a rather awesome spelunking adventure, accompanied with frenchies and Hiking.  lovely.  Now sadly I am back in the real world....at my awful desk job  avoiding entering receipts by browsing throughouly through the forum.......I AM GOING NUTS.....I NEED SCHOOL TO START...OR TO START A FAIRE IN MY BACKYARD!!!!!    O I put it on the other thread, but if anyone is going to the santa fe faire CALL ME  i go to school there and would LOVE to be a part of the group!! (I have a great costume I am creating in my now overfill of spare time)