News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who Be Da King?

Started by Scarlett, August 10, 2009, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

Since John has stepped down from the role of King, I was curious if a new king has been selected yet?
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Docamor

He's a real nice guy.  I know him.   Also very talented, good looking too, has a very nice wife and a couple of kids that do faire's too!    Fun loving guy, did I mention talented, and good looking.  Oh and very very modest.  You will see what  nice guy he is in a few weeks.  BTW, he is also looking forward to meeting everyone.

Doc
Modo liceat vivere, est spes.

Master James

Quote from: Docamor on August 11, 2009, 07:15:33 AM
He's a real nice guy.  I know him.   Also very talented, good looking too, has a very nice wife and a couple of kids that do faire's too!    Fun loving guy, did I mention talented, and good looking.  Oh and very very modest.  You will see what  nice guy he is in a few weeks.  BTW, he is also looking forward to meeting everyone.

Doc

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!   ::)
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

paulg

Docamor

Alright Scarlett, 

Enough of my kidding around.  I will be portraying King Henry at PRF this season.  I hope you have gathered that from the comments I made.  I posted an introduction earlier on these boards.  It should be a good year and amid some of the changes hopefully everyone will feel that way by the end of the run.  My wife and I bring alot of renfaire experience to PRF and look forward to getting to know everyone, especially those of you Playtrons that make our days fun and exciting.  We both love dancing, and so are lobbying hard to get a regular dance set scheduled.  If that is not feasible, look for us to dance whenever the mood strikes us and there is a willing minstrel to play the tune. 

Above all else, we want to have fun at PRF!!  And I believe if we are having fun, then you the guests, patrons and playtrons will also have fun.  And so I charge you with introducing yourself to me when you see me on the shire and I look forward to the interactions that will ensue.

Doc

aka Good King Henry

Fitzroys Wench78

Doc, I look forawrd to meeting you!!! I work at the games booths, and I've known John for a while, even though I never saw him outside of festival and we know eachother through a friend who worked as his son in the court.

While he will be missed, I, as I'm sure the entire festival staff is, am very excited to have you with us and wish you nothing but the best for your first run with the GPRF! LONG LIVE KING HENRY!!!!

Truley Yours,
Fitzroy's Wench78  :-*

P.S If his majesty and the court is up for some good challenging fun stop by the games!!! We're sure to show you one HUZZA of a time  ;D
"I would rather do nothing and be happy, than do something I don't love."

chriscat53

I wish you luck on lobbying for the dances. I also emailed the Castle about the necessity of having dancing at a RenFest, Anything playtrons can do to help, let me know. We are having a Civil War era dance in Blairsville Pa (about an hour up 119) on Saturday August 22. Some of the dances, like Gay Gordon, were also 19th century popular dances.

Scarlett

Quote from: Docamor on August 13, 2009, 10:43:03 AM
Alright Scarlett, 

Enough of my kidding around.  I will be portraying King Henry at PRF this season.  I hope you have gathered that from the comments I made.  I posted an introduction earlier on these boards.  It should be a good year and amid some of the changes hopefully everyone will feel that way by the end of the run.  My wife and I bring alot of renfaire experience to PRF and look forward to getting to know everyone, especially those of you Playtrons that make our days fun and exciting.  We both love dancing, and so are lobbying hard to get a regular dance set scheduled.  If that is not feasible, look for us to dance whenever the mood strikes us and there is a willing minstrel to play the tune. 

Above all else, we want to have fun at PRF!!  And I believe if we are having fun, then you the guests, patrons and playtrons will also have fun.  And so I charge you with introducing yourself to me when you see me on the shire and I look forward to the interactions that will ensue.

Doc

aka Good King Henry

Indeed, I shall make a point to introduce myself to you and your lady!  We Morelandshire folk are known far and wide for our friendliness!

Charity Morgan

Scarlett Darling...
     What makes you think any king wouldnt know who YOU are?  It will take him about 30 minutes inside the gate... remember another King (also Doc coincidentially!) who thought the world of you... and flash that incredible smile of yours, that's all it will take!

See you at the pub!
Kharla
Charity Morgan
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Docamor

I do like teeth!!  Wait, that didn't quite sound the way I wanted it to.

Doc

Professor M

Quote from: Charity Morgan on August 18, 2009, 02:16:30 PM
Scarlett Darling...
     ... and flash that incredible smile of yours, that's all it will take!
That's it.  Her smile.  The first thing you notice about Scarlet is her lovely smile.   :o
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Scarlett

Wow - how did I miss such lovely comments?  LOL. 

mariab4

GO DOC AND PATTI!!  We shall see you there opening weekend!!

OXOXOXOX

Maria