News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Muskogee (OK) Renaissance Festival Listing?

Started by Jezzy MacPeaks, August 11, 2009, 01:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezzy MacPeaks

I came to post info on Hoss' Funeral service and found no listing for Muskogee!

It was at that faire where he introduced me to the lifestyle I've come to love!  It's a big faire, so I'm surprised it's been overlooked on this forum.

Anyway, the family has asked us to copy this info to every board possible, where people who knew and loved Hoss (Scott Griffith) could be notified.  He's worked at several faires, Muskogee being a major one, so I leave it to the powers that be to make a Muskogee listing and please pass along the following info to his friends there.  Thank you!

Hi all,I'd like to thank everyone for their condolences on behalf of myself, Russ and the rest of Hoss's family. I've got an update on the arrangements that have been made.Johnson-Romito Funeral Home99 West Aurora RoadNorthfield, OH 44067(330)468-1443will be handling the visitation and service Hours will be Wednesday 8/12/20092 - 4 PM and 6 - 9 PM In lieu of flowers, donations can be made (to his parents) to help cover the burial costs.Any cards being mailed to the family should be addressed to;Mr & Mrs Richard Griffith7687 Chaffee Rd Northfield OH 44067Cards can also be left @ First Aid, or soap booth during faire & we'll make sure Mom & Dad get themAlso - anyone wishing to come is Garb is encouraged to do so - and will be very welcome. Faire was a very happy part of Hoss's life and his parents know how important his other family was to him
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

renfairephotog

We must not have many members from OK. the faire is listed on thefaire Directory. and there's a thread on it in the smaller faires section for the West region.  Not to say it's a small faire there's just not many active OK RFers.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Magister

This isn't really a faire directory update.  There is a listing in the Faire Director for this event, however.

I am going to move this thread over to the Smaller Faires (West) area so it gets in front of the people it is targeting.

As a side note, I've also attended this faire a few times and have found it to be a wonderful event - very clean, well run.
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

John

Rani Zemirah

Thank you, John, for opening up a forum specifically for those of us here in Oklahoma!  :)

I'm an active OK R/Fer... but I usually attend Norman Medieval Festival because it's very close.  I'll be making it out to the Castle at Muskogee several times next season, though!!! 

I saw a thread recently with photo's of Muskogee somewhere, but I think it must have just been in the general Faire Photo's forum.  Might be nice to get some of those in here, also, just to show off what's available! 

I know there are several active members who live here in the state, and I'd love to actually meet some of you!!!  I'm in the OKC Metro area.  Anyone else close by?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

I'm in OKC as well. About 10 or so blocks from the capital, in fact.

I'm so happy to see Muskogee getting it's own forum! It's my 2nd favorite fair I've been to, even beating out Scarby, IMO.

Rani Zemirah

Wow... I had no idea!  So far I haven't been able to make it out there, but I won't be missing it again, I assure you! 

Is there something you like in particular, or something I should be sure not to miss?

I'm actually up in Edmond, so not too far from you, as the crow flies... maybe we can find some excuse to garb up and hang out one of these days!!!  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

It just had a very homey feeling, that I really enjoyed. The maypole dance is definitely something not to miss, and Cut, Thrust, and Run was a terrific pirate show. It was one of those faires that you can spend an entire day at and be able to see pretty much everything, but still one that you want to go back to.

The only other faire I've had the same family feeling at was Sterling (which I thankfully got to go to 3 times this summer).

And we should definitely have an OKC garbed get-together. I'm going through major faire withdrawals!

Rani Zemirah

I know, me too!!!  I get to go down to TRF for All Hallow's, but it still seems like forever!  I did get a little taste of Faire today, though, and for the last few days.  I just received the two leather corsets I ordered 2 1/2 months ago, and now I'm desperately trying to "train" them both in the less than 5 weeks I have before I wear them to Faire, so I'll be corseted for at least 2-3 hours a day for the next 5 weeks! 

Muskogee sounds like a great time, and I can't wait 'til next season!!!  Do you know if there is playtron camping available there on the site, or is the campground just for participants?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

I have no clue - I'm pretty new to Ren Faires (my first one was the first weekend of April!), and I only got to get over to Muskogee once. I didn't see any camping near the parking lot, though, and there's houses right near by, so I'm not sure if there would be room for any camping.

I wish I could get to TRF. But the only weekend I could go is Thanksgiving. And also, I can't afford to stay anywhere... :(

Rani Zemirah

That's what the campground is for!!!  It's $20 per carload for the weekend, and there are great people there to camp with! They also have a pretty big shindig in the campground for Thanksgiving...  But they have their own forum!!!   LOL 

For a brand new Rennie you sure do have some gorgeous garb!  And you've already been to Scarby and Sterling, as well?!?  Was Scarby your first Faire?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

Thanks! But the garb in my picture is too heavy/not durable enough to wear to fair. I go more middle class.

And the Norman Medieval Faire was my first fair. I went Friday and Sunday, in garb. Were you there Sunday? It was freezing!! My next fair was Scarby, but we went down the day the Dallas Cowboys practice arena was blown down. Needless to say, not the best weather, and we left by 5pm, I believe. After that was Muskogee. Then on my way up to NY (where I worked this summer), I stopped at the St. Louis Ren Faire. At home (since I flew home to CA for a month), I took my parents to a faire in Watsonville, but it was so tiny we got bored and left after a couple hours. Then this summer, I was able to go to Sterling three times (it was so amazing! I really want to work there!). And I'm trying to see if I can squeeze in KCRF at some point, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I've only ever been camping once, when I was a kid, and I found I'm not really the type to rough it. Is it any better in a Rennie campground?

Rani Zemirah

Well... not so much at TRF, because they don't have facilities as such (no running water, no flushies), so it's rather primitive, but there are camps where you can at least find an outdoor (screened) shower.  And it's more than made up for by the party...  LOL 

Wow... wish I could travel that much!  Sounds like you'll be visiting lots of fairs!  I was at Norman! In fact, some friends and I put on a new Gypsy camp this year, but we were way in the back by the pony and camel rides...  LOL  We've been invited back for next year, but I'm not sure if I'm up to it again.  I'd really like to make it for Opening weekend of Scarby, and they coincide every year, so I'll have to see. 

And yes, it WAS freezing on Sunday!!!  We had to be there all day until closing, and my daughter and my friends daughter spent most of that day huddled under the covers out of the wind...  We had some really amazing storytelling that day, though, even though it was done one or two people at a time, and not to full audiences...  It was a pretty great weekend, overall!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Emerald Shaunassey

There are quite a few Oklahoma Rennies.  But not all of us work TCoM anymore for different reasons.  So don't get your hopes up that we'll post to this section of boards very much or often; we're holding our collective breath for forums for Norman, King's Champion, and Lawton ren faires here in the state  :)

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rani Zemirah

I'd love to have a Norman forum!!!  Or, if we're too small for a whole forum for each Faire, why not just an over all Oklahoma Faires forum?!?  Wouldn't that work just as well? Norman is my home Faire, after all, and I'd love to get to know more of the regulars, and form more of a community, or at least join an existing one! 

Oh, John...  If you're lurking somewhere in here, would it be possible to have a forum dedicated to the Faires of Oklahoma? Pullleeeeaaassssee?!? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede