News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Muskogee (OK) Renaissance Festival Listing?

Started by Jezzy MacPeaks, August 11, 2009, 01:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 24, 2009, 02:55:41 PM
I'd love to have a Norman forum!!!  Or, if we're too small for a whole forum for each Faire, why not just an over all Oklahoma Faires forum?!?  Wouldn't that work just as well? Norman is my home Faire, after all, and I'd love to get to know more of the regulars, and form more of a community, or at least join an existing one! 

Oh, John...  If you're lurking somewhere in here, would it be possible to have a forum dedicated to the Faires of Oklahoma? Pullleeeeaaassssee?!? 

Ooo!! I'm with Rani on this one John... could we have a state wide faire forum rather than individuals??  That way we can yap about our home and/or favorite faire without posting to the wrong faire forum (like we are kinda doing now this one!)  Thank you for considering it!! 

:o)

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Lady Rebecca

I must say, I'm very sad I won't be in OK for another season! Why did I not discover Ren Faires until this year?!

Rani Zemirah

Where are you moving to, then, and how soon are you going?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

At this point, it's still up in the air, but I'm graduating in Dec. Hopefully, I will be moving to Florida for the spring, since I've applied to work at Disney World. Otherwise, I might have to move home (northern CA), since I don't have any money.

Rani Zemirah

Oh my... If you go to Florida you'll be in with the BARF crowd, and hon, as far as I can tell, that's some of the most fun you can possibly have without waking up broke, hungover and married to a stranger in Vegas!!!  ROFL  If you're at all into wild and wicked fun (in the most wholesome way, of course) then BARF can be THE place to be... and if you're in Orlando you'd only be just over 100 miles away, just a couple of hours even in rush hour!

Have you met Seamus, by chance?!?  I saw you peeking into the Scottish Romance thread last night, and yes, that IS the Seamus I mean, but don't be scared by all that... uhhh, lets just call it banter, ok? (lol) ... because he's actually quite wonderful, in his very own rather bawdy and extremely fun loving way, and he would definitely be the first person you'd want to get to know down there, because he can introduce you to everyone else!  (besides, don't tell anyone, but he's a really great guy, also... shhhh) 

Since you'll be leaving anyway, then I really hope you get the job in Florida, because you could have a great time there!!!  I'm bummed that you won't be able to stay for the Castle season, though, or even Norman in April...  :(  I'm thinking you should just tough it out at TRF, because really, it's going to be sooooo worth any discomfort... and it's even possible that you'd fall in with a pretty amazing group of people down there (yeah, I mean the folks I'll be camping with...  LOL)  Think about it... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

My thing with TRF is that since Thanksgiving is the only weekend I could go down there, I would be missing my last Turkey day with my best friend here. And we've spent all 3 of the last Turkey days together. (And he's not a Rennie! *tear*). Also, I have no camping equipment!

I need a faire, though! I wish I could make it up to KCRF, since that was my original plan. But I'm working a musical this weekend, a play next weekend, and then the following weekend, I start rehearsals for Sweeney, which runs through Nov 1st. You should come see it!

Rani Zemirah

That sounds like soooo much fun!!!  I'll have to check ticket prices, since my entire budget is focused on only two things right now... survival and TRF!  LOL  I'd also like to make it up to KCRF, but I think it will have to wait until next season.  I envy all of these people who can travel whenever they want... 

I certainly understand not wanting to miss Thanksgiving with your friend.  Too bad you couldn't talk him into at least trying Faire for that weekend, though, because they do a pretty amazing Turkey day down there in the Campground...   ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

Yeah, it's sad - he is fairly adamant about not being the "faire type" or something like that. He wouldn't even go to Norman with us, when like 10 of my friends were going. His loss!

Rani Zemirah

Meh... throw that one back!!!  LOL  J/K  But he does sound kinda like a stick-in-the-mud to me!!!  You might mention the raging party that will no doubt be flooding the entire campground, though...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Casche

You know, I really need to check out this faire... I was thinking about going last year, but all the weekends I had off, I ended up going home to Ft Worth and going to Scarby... Granted I did have a performer's pass to Scarby, so that cut waaaaay down on expenses, but still.

I dunno if any faire can beat Scarby, since that's been my home faire since I was 2, but I'd love to check it out this year.

Too bad you won't be here next semester, Lady Rebecca, since we go to the same school and all, lol.  It's kinda weird checking out a different faire by yourself.

Rani Zemirah

Maybe we can get a small R/F invasion force together between now and Opening day!  I know there are a few more of us who actually live here, so we'll just have to work on it!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

Casche, I know this year, a bunch of OCU-ers went to Muskogee at various times. Ask around, come spring - I'm sure at the very least, Brad and Elizabeth will be going.

You're graduating in May, right?

Oh, and Rani, I mentioned our conversation to my friend. No avail - though he did seem slightly less scared when he found out not everyone goes in garb!

Rani Zemirah

Oh well... it's not for everyone, I guess.  Some people just can't get out of themselves enough to be comfortable being someone else for a while... or being around lots of people who are "not themselves"...  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Ryk Rakham

OKRF is a wonderful little Faire, although not as small as many Faires. It, to me, is like a smaller version of Scarby...with a very impressive castle and a nice village. The entertainers work very hard to make visitors feel welcome and a part of the Faire (like most other faires do). I've been several times and hope to go again this season. Its biggest problem is that it runs concurrently with Scarby. But, it is very well attended and a great Faire.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I wish this Faire ran one more weekend, first Sunday in June is our Family Decoration Day and would be nice to go to Faire on Sat then Decoration Day the next!  Might actually get me out for Dec Day! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."