News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SM Sterling "Dies the Fire"

Started by TiaLD77, November 19, 2008, 02:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiaLD77

So who has read the series & broke down to buy Scourge of God in Hard back?
Impatiently waiting for the paperback here...I may cave soon though & have a Merry christmas to me day  ;D
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

ravic

Fortunately, my library is big on scifi/fantasy & they carry all of Stirling's works. Good addition to the series & no, I'm not giving away any hints.

TiaLD77

Oh yes, I am sure my library has it too, I just like my own copy becasue when I read I am usually eatign my lunch...the library tends to frown on grease stained margins  ;)

ravic

Yeah, I know but

a. I'm impatient

b. since I do faire, I'm usually broke

Alacrity

I enjoyed Dies the Fire. It was a good read. Protector's war was disjointed but okay - second books in trilogies often are weak. Meeting in Corvallis was disappointing beyond measure. So I have to say that I decided not to continue with the series.
Trust me, I'm a Dungeon Master

Carl Heinz

I enjoyed it, but I hope that it doesn't turn into another never ender such as Jordan.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Dan

I broke down for the most part I like them all.  My bookshelf has all his works so I had to.

TiaLD77

Meeting at corvalis was a bit off, Sunrise Lands takes off with a bang & leaves you hanging as a good series should :)
Has anybody Picked up Island in the sea of time? I read the sample chapters on his web page & it looks like a small scale DTF?

Dan

I read the Island in the sea of time it's good kinda interesting.

ravic

Quote from: TiaLD77 on December 02, 2008, 08:14:09 AM
Has anybody Picked up Island in the sea of time? I read the sample chapters on his web page & it looks like a small scale DTF?

Without giving any spoilers, it contains the triggering events for Dies the Fire. It is on a equal scale with DTF. I'm hoping the end of the current series provides an explanation for both stories.

Martin Montgomery

I have read and own the whole "Dies the Fire" Series and for the most part I really enjoyed it! I did break down and buy the Hard back "Scourge of God" and I was happy I did!  The "Island in the Sea of Time" books tie in with the "Dies the Fire" Series,involving relatives of the main characters in both series!  Really good read!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Martin Montgomery

New Book From "Dies The Fire" Series!  The Sword of the Lady is now out in hardback and I just couldn't wait!!  Looks to be a Great Read!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor