News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gulf Coast Faire @ Mobile

Started by BLAKDUKE, May 21, 2008, 01:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Elwyn

Your Majesty, you made mention that I should talk to the gate attendant to ensure I would not have to pay to attend. Should I just give you my name so that it can be given to the gatekeeper, so they know who to look for?

In case that's the route you want to go, the name to leave the gate attendants is "Jason Chandler."

Many thanks, and I shall see everyone Saturday.

Bugsy

I wish I could have made my plans to make it!!

I hope to see lots of pictures though  ;D
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

BLAKDUKE

Well the 2008 edition of the Gulf Coast Renaissance Faire has come and gone.  We met lots of old friends and made some new ones.  The Queen has almost depleted the treasury so once again I must raise the peasants taxes.  Cei La Vie.    Many new vendors, and one rather devious bird by the name of Captain Jack Sparrow.  He was a hoot(pun intended)  He will be there for the Pensacola version.   I hope a lot of people took lots of pictures and can get them posted.

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

temper

We had a great time and it was nice to see some returning faces-like Faire Wynds.  Just to be sure-was that Knights of Valour? If so, they sure have changed their show format!
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

BLAKDUKE

Yes that was the Knights of Valour.  How so did they change their show format?????

Bugsy

I just asked, he said they didn't change their format at all, but perhaps it looked different to some because Shane wasn't there.
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

BLAKDUKE

there was a small difference in how they did the lance and rings and the spearing of the hay bales, but that was minor and done to accomodate the setting sun on Saturday.  due to the logistics of the troup Shane was in Sarasota for a 2 weekend faire to try and sew that up for future years.  The Mobile faire got the alternative knights because it is an established faire and everything was run by the director and he was cool with it.

temper

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on November 19, 2008, 10:09:57 AM
Yes that was the Knights of Valour.  How so did they change their show format?????

Last time they used the Queen song in honor of Heath Ledger but the Rock Song intros seem to be a permanent part and how they did the horse trailer setup was different -i.e. we could walk into the field instead of climbing the fence and the squires seemed different.
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: temper on November 19, 2008, 12:40:48 PM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on November 19, 2008, 10:09:57 AM

Last time they used the Queen song in honor of Heath Ledger but the Rock Song intros seem to be a permanent part and how they did the horse trailer setup was different -i.e. we could walk into the field instead of climbing the fence and the squires seemed different.

Yeah that was due to Shane not being there.  Charlie brought only 2 horse on 1 trailer so there was a lot more room at that end of the field.  when Shane is there he has that huge horse van that takes up the whole end of the joust field plus they may have the 5th wheel as well plus the pickup to haul it.  They have had to pick up some new squires, but for the most part the guys that were there are the usual crew for Mobile and Pensacola.

Count Adolfo

I have this one penciled into next year's agenda... I am hoping it pans out!!!

Lairde Guardn

Is there a link to the web page for this faire?
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

BLAKDUKE

Mobile is almost a year away, we are getting ready for Pensacola in March right now.  Once the version is over we will start thinking of Mobile.  However keeping checking this board for the Queen and I will have an important announcement for Pensacola 2010.

Count Adolfo

I still have this penciled in...
;D

Just Jesse

so, there's a fair next month in Pensacola? Do yall think it will be very pirate oriented, because im tired of being a knight templar.