News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gulf Coast Faire @ Mobile

Started by BLAKDUKE, May 21, 2008, 01:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

Jean Pierre

Hope to see you in Mobile.  I have looked over the site and with a bit of imagination I think we can make it work.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

temper

The only sad thing (to me anyway) is that the rumor is that we will only be able to buy from the food vendors of the Stadium. That would be sad considering the wonderful food purveyors that are usually there :( On the other side,the new The Shed BBQ should (fingers crossed) be opening that weekend and is 15 minutes from the site.

The faire is running an hour later on Saturday (7:00 pm!) and we have two hour-long time slots that day.  For the first time in four years we'll be doing our kid's  Stage Acts and our Fire Show will be only 15 minutes.

Our rival factions this year are Robspierre's Big Salle and Capt. Bob's (remember the Love Pirate?) School of Captainly Arts.  We'll be combining our historical shows and stage shows for the longer slot so that will be new as well.

Drunk and Sailor will be on hand to sing and join us in the fight shows

New faces too :)
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

temper

BLAKDUKE

OY-YEZ! OY-YEZ! OY-YEZ!!!!!!!

HARKEN YE ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!

The Mobile edition of the GCRF has come and gone.  The Mobile venue changed from the fair grounds to the Henry Aaron Stadium.
There were pros and cons.  The site was stated by some to be smaller than the fairgrounds but I saw people come in the front gate and never saw them the rest of tha day and I am usually all over the place not just at the ale house and at the Arabia stage
watch the belly dancers, contrary to what the Queen says.   Needless to say there were negative comments as there always is when you change locations.   GHowever there were also positive comments.  The negative comments centered on one area and that is being looked and should be attended to by next faire.   The weather was excellent for both days, and for the most part from all the comments I head a good time was had by all.   The Queen and I both look forward to seeing all of you that can make it at next years event.   

King ALLYN the Only 

temper

Mobile Renaissance Faire! Held each year in Mobile for the past 9 years! The 9th Annual Mobile Renaissance Faire will be held on Saturday and Sunday, November 13-14, 2010, at ABBA SHRINERS TEMPLE GROUNDS, 7701 Hitt Road, Mobile, Alabama 36695.  Faire will be held from 10 am to 5 pm each day.

New Site-has anyone been to this location? I'd love to know what to expect, there is limited information on Google earth.

And looking on Google, I guess they used to host cage matches and boxing so going to be a tough crowd
O.o

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: temper on July 01, 2010, 09:07:50 AM
Mobile Renaissance Faire! Held each year in Mobile for the past 9 years! The 9th Annual Mobile Renaissance Faire will be held on Saturday and Sunday, November 13-14, 2010, at ABBA SHRINERS TEMPLE GROUNDS, 7701 Hitt Road, Mobile, Alabama 36695.  Faire will be held from 10 am to 5 pm each day.

New Site-has anyone been to this location? I'd love to know what to expect, there is limited information on Google earth.

And looking on Google, I guess they used to host cage matches and boxing so going to be a tough crowd
O.o

Temper:

As I am only 4 hours away I will try to get down there within the month or so and take some pictures and get an idea of the lay of the land.

The BLAKDUKE AKA KING ALLYN

BLAKDUKE

BTW  Where did you get this info?  It is not on the faires website.

temper

Lady Lil

I got very limited info too on my search. Possibly a RV campsite? Sandy terrain? Scrub Pine trees? I'm not real sure, just going by what little satellite picture I could see. Blakduke if you can get there and send pictures that would be great. I'm 3 1/2 hours away and if I get over there I'll do the same. Thanks!!! Either way, I can't wait  ;D

BLAKDUKE

For performers there is campsites available, I called.   for non-performers there are some campgrounds around the area.

Lady Lil

Thanks, if you find out any more info, please keeps us posted. :)

temper

BLAKDUKE

I have been on a suppossed 9 month contract in Jacksonville Florida.  As it goes with things like this the client cancelled the project after 2 months.  As such I was unable to get to Mobile during the last 2 months.  Now there may be a chance for me to get there in the next 3 to 4 weekends if I don't get another contract soon.  In any event the GCRF Mobile version is 1 1/2 months away as the clock turns.  So get out your garb, polish you weaponry, and let's get ready to have fun.

The BLAKDUKE     

BLAKDUKE

2 weeks to faire and counting.........................

temper

So did anyone get a chance to check out the site?