News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gulf Coast Faire @ Mobile

Started by BLAKDUKE, May 21, 2008, 01:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

Only 1 1/2 weeks to go.   I have not had a chance to go.   Maybe this saturday(but I doubt it).  We may just have to wing it. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

BLAKDUKE

temper

Despite the small grounds I thought this went well.
When we went out to dinner we received some feedback from a patron that I'll pass on to Steve that may indicate why numbers were down. Plus, three competing events.

Overall, I liked the ABBA Shrine although Google had the wrong location (Thank goodness for early signage)
Having porta-potties AND indoor bathrooms was nice. It was easy to find with the signs and having access to the site on three sides was a real boon.

Anyone else have observations?
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

BLAKDUKE

I liked the new grounds as well.  It has room for expansion so I think it bodes well for the future.  The one negative comment I heard was the change of venue for the last two years.  If we can keep this venue for a while it will help.  The only way to keep from bucking up against competing events is to move it out of November, and I don't think that is going to happen.

temper

Hi Folks,

hope everyone noted the date change!
New Date is February 26-27, 2011-
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=151231894927983&id=16003555&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/profile.php?id=100000232159598
NOTE: gcrf.us crashes Firefox

Looks like rehearsal for Phoenix starts THIS week Yikes!

BLAKDUKE

Well we are 2 weeks away from faire date.  who is and is not coming?  For those of you who know her there is a possibility the Queen B. might be able to attend.  The faire was backed up a week due to Mardi-Gras cometh early this year and no one wants to compete with that.  So dust off the garb and make plans to attend.  We are in need of a good weekend.

LadyDracolich

I should be able to be there. :)  Totally excited! 
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

BLAKDUKE

TAKE NOTE...... THIS WAS THE MOBILE THREAD AND IS MIS-POSTED.  THE FAIRE AT THE END OF THE MONTH IS FOR PENSACOLA, N O T......   MOBILE.       DO NOT GO TO MOBILE.

LadyDracolich

I swear I will NOT go to Mobile... Well, not until the Mobile faire... ;) 
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

temper

10th annual Mobile Renaissance Faire on
Nov. 12-13, 2011 at http://www.abbashrine.org on Hitt Road in Mobile, Alabama
from 10 am to 5 pm each day.

BLAKDUKE

Temper:

Where did you get your information.  There is nothing on the weblink that you supplied their event list only goes to August, and the faire directory still has 2008 date and venue.

NEVERMIND  I FOUND IT ON THE GCRF SITE.  SMALL NOTICE THOUGH.

BLAKDUKE

Well time is getting short.  1 month to go for fun and games.

Who's coming?????????????????

Captain Teague

We have been the last couple of years. Will try again.  ;D
The Code is the Law...

temper

BLAKDUKE

AMEN.   only a couple of days to  go.  It is extremely important that this weekend goes well.  The future of this faire depends on it.................