News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When are you going to MiRF?

Started by Celtic Lady, August 11, 2009, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poldugarian Warrior

Definitely this weekend all 3 days.

sealion

Heading to Holly Rec this afternoon! :happydance:
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

LadyAnn

"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Lady Deborah

The last two weekends we were "serenaded" all night (by the dancing feet and adolescent voices of several volleyball teams) at the Flint Comfort Inn.  We are switching to the Flint Holiday Inn this weekend for Sat/Sun night.  That's camping for us.  The last time we tried real camping we were serenaded by the a/c of the adjacent rvs all night.   Considering our horendous travel time (from Ft Wayne IN) it's a splurge I'm not willing to go without.......but I do miss the campfire.......most hotels discourage that I think. 

Celtic Lady

Looks like Sir Morgan and I will be there Sunday (today  :P). Sadly we'll be disguised to look like mundanes.

pineridge

Quote from: Lady Deborah on September 04, 2009, 09:36:03 PM
The last two weekends we were "serenaded" all night (by the dancing feet and adolescent voices of several volleyball teams) at the Flint Comfort Inn.  We are switching to the Flint Holiday Inn this weekend for Sat/Sun night.  That's camping for us.  The last time we tried real camping we were serenaded by the a/c of the adjacent rvs all night.   Considering our horendous travel time (from Ft Wayne IN) it's a splurge I'm not willing to go without.......but I do miss the campfire.......most hotels discourage that I think. 

Yuo could try the local B&B in Holly (I hear tell the owners are Renaissance folks)
two words,,, therapy.

RingLady

I'm thinking maybe the 20th as we (Ring of Steel) have a Stuntacular Open House on 9/19 if I can get a ride and definetly maybe the last weekend or at least the last Sunday for tear down. :-\

Madge Estes

Holly Crossing Bed & Breakfast.  Truly a wonderful experience.  Had the good fortune pf spending the season there a few years ago.  Dan and Bobbie (the owners) are wonderful and BIG festival fans.  Often see then on site.

Quote from: pineridge on September 06, 2009, 07:20:47 PM
Quote from: Lady Deborah on September 04, 2009, 09:36:03 PM

Yuo could try the local B&B in Holly (I hear tell the owners are Renaissance folks)
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Celtic Lady

This year hasn't been going as planned for faire. We had planned on going on Sunday but due to my MS never made it. Looks like we'll only get to be there on the 26th now.

Poldugarian Warrior

Went the 2 days over Labor Day weekend, but not the 3rd had to get back to work on a van. And then attended the 12th. all good times. We stayed at the Grand Blanc Holiday Inn, which was quiet and affordable. It was nice to have a pool to cool off in after faire. And the hotle was only 10 minutes away from the faire.

Eric of Lyon

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on September 14, 2009, 11:51:17 PM
Went the 2 days over Labor Day weekend, but not the 3rd had to get back to work on a van. And then attended the 12th. all good times. We stayed at the Grand Blanc Holiday Inn, which was quiet and affordable. It was nice to have a pool to cool off in after faire. And the hotle was only 10 minutes away from the faire.

You were there the 12th?  I was trying to keep my eye open for you.  I really would like to get a closer look at your armor and gear.  Where you wearing it Saturday?
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Poldugarian Warrior

No, I packed light gear to stay in the hotel, so I only had on my pauldrons, and bracers. And now I have an earache that is so bad it hurts my whole chest, I don't think I'll wear it this Friday or Saturday. But, maybe next week or so. It is my favorite garb, though sometimes heavy. Just plans and health haven't been conductive to my wearing of my full gear. Did you check my pic out in post yourself thread> You can get a better look at my gear there I noticed you too wear Pyramid Leather Armor and carry a bow. The one on my profile is just an updated pic. So maybe I'll see you at some point we shall see.

Eric of Lyon

Did see your pic in the post yourself thread, that's the one that intrigued me for even a closer look in person.  Totally understand about the weight.  I just have the cuirass and pauldrons, but chose to forgo it last Saturday do to the heat of the day.  Also have a butted chainmail vest I rarely wear as lugging around another 25lbs makes can make for a long day.  Hope your earache subsides.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Poldugarian Warrior

Thank you, my ear has gotten better. Looking to get to faire this weekend. Yeah, the mail looks awesome, but on really hot days it's just no fun to wear. But, being the sort of reenactor I'am I wear it because that's what they would've done in the renaissance. Look at the crusaders in the desert they could've dressed lighter, but they didn't, cause they thought armor was their only protection over speed and agility like the Muslims.