News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New (to me?) Website?

Started by bellevivre, August 11, 2009, 08:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

Just stumbled on this site and as it wasnt one I had seen before, thought I should share: https://www.medievalcollectables.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Lady Christina de Pond

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

LadyShadow

I got in trouble on this site (spending way too much) and had to ground myself from it for some time.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

lady M

Celtic_Fae

The only thing I didn't like was the female garb: a lot of it is mass-produced, fiber-content questionable, and can be found on other sites.

Charlotte Rowan

I ordered from them once. I had very bad customer service.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Pascal

Have to agree with the fiber content of the clothing -- not what I expected.  Also felt the clothing more "costume" than garb -- costume being more something that's light, looks good from a distance, and not expected to last all that long (like a Halloween costume) .... where garb would be more like actual clothing of the proper period.

Watch the sizing, too.  I found the sizes ran small (what they said was a 36" waist was 34" at best).

Finally, have seen many of the same pieces sold elsewhere for less.

bellevivre

I looked it through, and while yes, most of the wares were 'typical', some things were good finds (such as flat, riveted mail- that's hard to find!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Khaalis

Quote from: bellevivre on August 12, 2009, 02:10:55 PM
I looked it through, and while yes, most of the wares were 'typical', some things were good finds (such as flat, riveted mail- that's hard to find!)
Just be careful with this site. Almost everything they carry is something they have acquired and are selling 3rd party. Their prices tend to be rather high and their customer service leaves something to be desired. If you search enough you'll find some complaints floating around on this and that board. However, it is a great resource to find items you are looking for the go looking for them elsewhere for comparison. JMHO.
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat