News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Buccaneer Bash!

Started by CapnJack, August 12, 2009, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnJack

Ahoy to ye landlocked pirates out there! We, the Sunken Bones Society, are throwing our third annual Buccaneer Bash on Saturday, September 19th (International Talk Like a Pirate Day) here in Denver, CO.

Once again, the Bash will be held at Red and Jerry's off Santa Fe in Denver, and will start at 6 PM, continuing until they throw us out! This is by far the biggest and best Talk Like a Pirate Day party in Colorado, and possibly even in the surrounding landlocked states, as well!

We've got a hell of a party planned for you lot this year, an' ye'll not be wantin' t'miss it. Here's a preview of the excitement:

* The Port Royale Costume Contest will be back once again, to crown the greatest garbed pirates o' the night. Categories include Original, Reproduction, and possibly even a Group award!

* The Shanghai Crew will be back in port, so be ready with yer dubloons t'have yer mates thrown in the slammer, an' keep a weather eye out for Shanghai McGee!

* Yes, the Table Decoration Contest will be back as well, and with bigger and better prizes to be given! So start plannin' yer displays now!

*The Tortuga Tavern Tournament will be a new addition this year! Come and try your luck at Liar's Dice for great prizes, all to benefit a worthy cause! Sign up at the door! More info on this event forthcoming!

Thar be lots more to come, so keep a weather eye on the horizon! Check out www.???sunkenbones.???com/???bash for more details, to volunteer, or to pre-register for the bash! Admittance is $15 at the door, and $10 if you pre-register. There will also be group rates available for crews of 10 or more! If you want to register for a group rate, please contact Captain Simon Drake at info@???sunkenbones.???com .

We're lookin' forward to puttin' on the best Bash ever, so be sure t'be there!

By the code,
Captain Jack McCool and the Sunken Bones Crew
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Francisco Paula

Now if i could figure a way to clone myself so i could go to sante fe and the pirate bash

Princess Alice

Wish I could go but I'll be in Miami for school...possibly at another pirate party!
Invite my sister though, she'll want to come.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Demetrius

Looks like we'll be going to Santa Fe after all... to Red & Jerry's!

Quote from: CapnJack on August 12, 2009, 04:59:06 PM

*The Tortuga Tavern Tournament will be a new addition this year! Come and try your luck at Liar's Dice for great prizes, all to benefit a worthy cause! Sign up at the door! More info on this event forthcoming!

Uh oh, someone stole the dice so never mind... (according to nasty rumor...!!??)
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Adriana Rose

And this is why I hate living where i do! that sounds like a hell of a good time!

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Adriana Rose on August 13, 2009, 11:39:09 AM
And this is why I hate living where i do! that sounds like a hell of a good time!

acording to your profile, you live in Colorado.

I like colorado.

(although, I'd trade for the UK in a flash.)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I believe she lives on the OTHER side of the Moutains and more north i a place called Steamboat Springs. I never knew they had Steamboats up there but I hear they have springs.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Adriana Rose

Wow you rememberd! :o

;D

We have lots of springs and a playground that looks like a steamboat

I second the UK thought as well

Zoë

I was just in Steamboat Springs a few weeks ago.  Lovely little place!  Far away though...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

Quote from: Adriana Rose on August 13, 2009, 06:24:32 PM
Wow you rememberd! :o

;D

We have lots of springs and a playground that looks like a steamboat

I second the UK thought as well

It is a Buccaneer bash- bring yer boat (leave the steam at home)!

p.s. since the dice have been lost, a "kiss the gunner's daughter" contest may be a suitable replacement...

Hey- Arent You?

Come and try your luck at Liar's Dice for great prizes,

I think he ment demetrius dice....
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on August 13, 2009, 10:41:08 PM

Come and try your luck at Liar's Dice for great prizes,

I think he ment demetrius dice....

Ah ha! Now we know who took 'em...      :o

Adriana Rose

Hmm I have a pair...

they are "special dice" though...  ::)

Demetrius

Quote from: Adriana Rose on August 13, 2009, 11:05:04 PM
Hmm I have a pair...

they are "special dice" though...  ::)

What, you don't want to participate in the "Kiss the gunner's daughter" contest?

p.s. I'd say I've "seen them," but that wouldn't be true...   :-[

CapnJack

Quote from: Adriana Rose on August 13, 2009, 11:05:04 PM
Hmm I have a pair...

they are "special dice" though...  ::)

"I have a pair" is a dangerous thing to say 'roundabouts these forums... hehehe...
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain