News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feedback on Castle of the Day

Started by DonaCatalina, August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

How many of you like the google earth map coordinates on the posting?

How many of you use the embedded links for more info and photos?

As always, if anyone has a request for a castle that you haven't seen yet, renmail me.

Any changes you'd like to see?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: DonaCatalina on August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM

These are cool but IMO just not worth the post, since you're covering the castle in the post anyway.

Always, especially if it relates to my area of interest.

As always, if anyone has a request for a castle that you haven't seen yet, renmail me.

You did that for me once, and I thank you again!

With each castle, post a global map with a pin/castle icon on its location, to include all the others you've covered. This will show how wide spread the building craze ranged, and might help in avoiding any possible duplication, as folks find castles/festungs/fortresses under different names (a great hazard in documenting castles of the Outremer)

Do you keep a running list of the Castles you've covered? If so, might I inquire as to how many of them were Crusader castles, or Castles of the Outremer?

LadyShadow

I've never looked at the locations.  Sorry didnt pay attention to the fact they were links.

I do however look at the links for more pics and info on the castles that I find most interesting.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Warrior_Monk on August 17, 2009, 12:40:37 PM

These are cool but IMO just not worth the post, since you're covering the castle in the post anyway.

With each castle, post a global map with a pin/castle icon on its location, to include all the others you've covered. This will show how wide spread the building craze ranged, and might help in avoiding any possible duplication, as folks find castles/festungs/fortresses under different names (a great hazard in documenting castles of the Outremer)

Do you keep a running list of the Castles you've covered? If so, might I inquire as to how many of them were Crusader castles, or Castles of the Outremer?

Sorry if I'm a little confused by your answers; but the Google Earth coordinates would enable you to map pin the coordinates on the global map contained in google earth.
My google earth is almost a solid block of map pins over the European continent.
Frankly I'm doing good to keep up with castles by country and I don't have seperate files on who built them. But I try to note that information on my posts if I can.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ferret

I appreciate your work and thank you for sharing.
Ferret

Sir William Marcus

What an incredible collection you have assembled here Dona. Some of these images are just incredible. I must thank you too for sharing as I sincerely appreciate all the time and effort involved in bringing all these magnificent structures to this forum.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Penelope

To be honest, I just look at the pretty pictures!
But I do appreciate the text you post about each
castle so I can look more into each castle if it's one
I especially like.

brier patch charlie

More Scottish Castles!
I love what your doing.
Charles Coleman

Lady Kett

I love it too Dona! No suggestions, just wanted to thank you for your efforts as I appreciate it!

Yrose

Dona, I've watched your castle post since day one and I'm still amazed. Thank you for all you do.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

DonaCatalina

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions.
I'll try to keep the thread as entertaining and informative as possible.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

any request for Halloween? It's coming up Saturday.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I'm not sure about the 31st, most might ask for Vlad's castle, but I have a request for your regualr thread.
Although not your picture typical "castle", you might look up:

Cave de Tyron

http://maxime.goepp.free.fr/site.php?site=tyron

Fortress building by Crusaders (Templars) at their best, using what God gave them in the defense of the Outremer.

DonaCatalina

Is anyone still reading this thread? No one commented on the ghosts or the skeleton featured recently.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

NoBill Lurker

I visit every day!  ;D

For some reason it feels like you should read the short history and enjoy the pictures, no comments required, because they kind of clutters up the thread...
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???