News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hamster Rennies

Started by holierthanthou, August 17, 2009, 04:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilted one

While they are in the confines of our dearest shire, please make well known that they will be under the watchful eye of the Lord Mayor himself.  If he can do anything to make their visit to our fair Morelandshire better, please do not hesitate to ask!!
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

anne of oaktower

Well, now that you mention it....the hamsters would like their own viewing stand at the joust, a hamster wheel in the shady glen (but not too near the Washing Well Wenches, cuz they don't get along well with Mr. Wet'ums),and free hamster treats.

Oh, yeah...and flushies  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

holierthanthou

Quote from: Charity Morgan on August 27, 2009, 09:38:42 PM

If I may be so bold as to suggest, considering our fair Anne of Oaktower has served me well on the Morgans Bounty crew... she makes a fine Keeper of the Keys and I'm thinkin' ye may like to be lockin' up these hamster critters to guard them from any pirating..... of course there are no pirates in Pittsburgh now... so probably not a problem.

No Pirates... Oh this is a sad day.  For I do know that one of the litter that have made their way to Morelandshire drank a wee bit too much rum and now bears an eye patch.  (there is one in every bunch you know).  He will surely be disappointed not to get a piratical home.  Maybe he will change his story as to why he bears an eye patch and hang out with a Cardinal or something.

There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Mistress Charlotte

Dearest Hamster King,

I have arrived safely to the community of Moreland Shire.  Please be advised that I have contacted the proper authorities to open the Hamster adoption agency within this community.  I have placed my license to grant adoptions along side my license to practice the art of face painting.  So no worries. All legalities have been taken care of. As for the Hamsters, all 6 have survived the journey from Larkspurshire to Morelandshire without scathe. During the journey I took the liberty to wean and potty train all of them.  They are all eating solid food now, and I feel that they will be ready for adoption by Saturday August 29th.

Mistress Charlotte,  Duchess of the Delicate Delightful Daub and Dab
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Mistress Charlotte

Goode and Fair Anne of Oaktower, Protector of Chipmunks

Margaret Tudor Queen of Scotland and the Isles, Countess Westmoreland, the great Squirrel Whisperer and keeper of the royal Wheaton Terriers

Mistress Scarlett of the Royal Tailgate and devourer of Mimosas

I have been informed by the Hamster King that your requests for an adoption have been heard and that your persons have been found worthy and admirable.  This is most marvelous news.  Come to my establishment of business.  There you will be able to choose from the most recent litter from the Hamster King.

We of the Hamster Kingdom are greatly honored by the privilege to bestow a humble hamster upon thee.

Mistress Charlotte,  Duchess of the Delicate Delightful Daub and Dab
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Drusilia

Oh wise and noble Hamster King,

I pray that I am not too late in asking thee to be able to protect and serve one of thy noble brethren. I am but a humble peasant working thy Royal Kitchens to provide decadent sweet treats for all, and hope that I shall prove worthy of hamster adoption.

Thank thee for thy time and consideration.

Drusilia, The Peasant Pastry Chef of Morelandshire
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

holierthanthou

Hail Dame Drusilia, the Peasant Pastry Chef of Morelandshire, Baronetess of the Bewitching Ballad, Who Humbly Dances with Midnight Ghosts,

Thy boon to the Hamster King has been heard and thy wish has been granted and a title has been bestowed on thy humblness.  He doth recognize, an artist such as thyself, indubitably holds multitudinous occupations as a sacrifice to thy art.

Please present thyself to Mistress Charlotte, Duchess of the Delicate Delightful Daub and Dab.  She is the Prioress of the About Face Painting Shoppe in Morelandshire.  She will assist thee in selecting a wee bairn of Hamster Happiness worthy of thy sonnets.

Blessings to thee,

Mistress Workinprogress of the Royal Hamster Adoption Agency

Mistress Charlotte

Hail Dame Drusilia, the Peasant Pastry Chef of Morelandshire, Baronesse of the Bewitching Ballad, Who Humbly Dances with Midnight Ghosts,

The Hamster King woke me urgently during the night to inform me of your adoption approval. Thy poetic plea must have bent the ear of the Hamster King deeply to have contacted me at such a late hour. How wondrous!

I will arrive my glorious gazebo located withing the Glen of Moorlandshire, near the bountiful Bells, today around 9:45AM to 10AM. Do stop by early if you can.

We of the Hamster Kingdom are greatly honored by the privilege to bestow a humble hamster upon thee.

Mistress Charlotte,  Duchess of the Delicate Delightful Daub and Dab
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Drusilia

Mistress Charlotte

Do forgive me, but Saturday I was only able to take a ten minute break in the back of our kitchen and I had not been here to read that my request had been granted so I didn't know thou was waiting for me today.

I will most definitely see you next Saturday as I am in very early (8am) and will stop by to see thee for certain!

~*Dru
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

holierthanthou

The Hamster king has granted a title.

Anne of Oaktower, Countess and Conciliate Custodian of Keys, Chipmunks and Comeliness.

May thy sweet presence be an ever pleasant addition to the kingdom and a blessing to Morelandshire.

TiaLD77

Greetings Unto the Hamster King,

I too would beg a boon of bestowment of a Hamster bairn from thee.  I am a frequent visitor to Morlandshire and hope someday to move there permantly(or at least 6 weekends a year). As it is I now I watch over Groundhogs. Perhaps you have heard of the famous Punxsutawney Phil? Phil is a sweet critter and his stump is across the valley from me, his bretheren are residing in various burrows surrounding my shady property. A Hamster would be great company to me as I watch over his larger cousins. If Refrences are needed Mistress Charlotte, Duchess of the Delicate Delightful Daub and Dab and  Anne of Oaktower, Countess and Conciliate Custodian of Keys, Chipmunks and Comeliness both doth know me well.

Your Humble Servant,
Tia
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

holierthanthou

Hail TiaLD77, Mistress of the Thingamabobs and Doflickies, Overseer of Groundhogs,

Thy boon to the Hamster King has been heard and thy wish has been granted.

One of our heartening little bairn shall be awaiting thy arrival at the shoppe 'About Face Painting".  Upon thy arrival, please attend Mistress Charlotte, Duchess of the Delicate Delightful Daub and Dab of whom thou art acquainted. She shall bestow upon thee the wee prize thou didst ask for.  Do ask her for one that does not squeak much, as Caleb, does not need a chatty sibling.

Blessings to thee,

Mistress Workinprogress of the Royal hamster Adoption Agency

Countess Westmorland

I did promise that I would indeed give a full report of the wee bairn's day at Faire.  He was adopted by myself early on Saturday morn, a dear little spotted fellow.  Our bratty Crown Prince immediately decreed that his name would be Aardvark.  And, if one doesn't give in to him, he does stamp his feet, yell and create a scene.  However, he is called by his middle name of Arthur.

Arthur spent the day meeting folk, attending the joust and even greeting guests from the top of the parapet.  He caused no problems, rode quietly in the pocket of my underskirt and was quite contented, even merry.  He even managed to stay dry in the sudden downpour we experienced.  He returned again on Sunday, a much nicer day, attended the joust yet again, the parapet and even said Hello to the fellow Skidmark.  

I have commissioned a pearled collar for him to wear so as to match my many pearls.  Already I am very attached to him.  Thank You, kind and gracious Hamster King for allowing me to adopt this precious wee one.

Yours in Hamsterdom,
Margaret Tudor
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Drusilia

Quote from: holierthanthou on August 28, 2009, 02:43:58 PM

No Pirates... Oh this is a sad day.  For I do know that one of the litter that have made their way to Morelandshire drank a wee bit too much rum and now bears an eye patch.  (there is one in every bunch you know).  He will surely be disappointed not to get a piratical home.  Maybe he will change his story as to why he bears an eye patch and hang out with a Cardinal or something.

Fear not, for this sweet toothed dessert maker indeed has a taste for rum and has thus chosen to adopt thy wee pirate. We spent a lovely meal down at the Pirate's Pub Saturday and then we happened upon a former coworker of mine on our way back up to the Royal Kitchens.

We are still working out a name for the wee one that is suitable, as I fell ill Sunday morning and have been in bed since up until now to rest. I shall keep thee all posted once a name has been chosen. :)

~*Dru

holierthanthou

Quote from: Countess Westmorland on September 01, 2009, 02:41:47 PM
I have commissioned a pearled collar for him to wear so as to match my many pearls.  Already I am very attached to him.  Thank You, kind and gracious Hamster King for allowing me to adopt this precious wee one.
Greetings Margaret Tudor Queen of Scotland, Countess Westmorland, Great Squirrel Whisperer and Keeper of the Royal Wheaton Terriers,
The Hamster King is pleased by thy report upon Aardvark Arthur's new adventure.  Much more it doth please the King to know the joust in the Kingdom is frequented by thee and Arthur.  It has been chronicled, that once upon a time there were hamsters, who greatly appreciated the joust, and in their enthusiasm tried to figure out ways to participated upon the field.  Although the passion for participation in said revelries has quieted, it is believed that hamsters even upon this day do seek ideas on the dynamics of the lance and horse.  Do not be surprised if in his enthusiasm, Arthur doth leap for joy and have to be restrained. 
It is an honor to have one of our heartening hamsters chosen to be adopted into the Royal family. Huzzah for thee and thy warm and welcoming home.