News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Suggestions for a Chain of Office

Started by Sir Sebastian Phoenix, August 17, 2009, 07:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

I'm in need of a Chain of Office. Ive seen one from the Tudors but it seems to be showing up a good bit.
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Tudor_Collar_of_Esses_Silver_200960.html
I haven't seen many others from my googling.

It's for my CRF character that is a Baron but an active military commander. He has French and Scot roots but Ive got enough Flurs as it is. I prefer silver or a gold alternative.

Suggestions welcome...Making one is an option as well but there do not seem to be many larger  charms at my local hobby lobby.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

Ambios

You might try looking at come of the CoO offerings from The Tudor Shoppe....I know that Order of the Garter and Order of the Golden Fleece aren't what you're looking for, but they have a few other things that might interest you...
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

CapnFayeCutler

If you're looking for something different, why not a custom chain? I highly recommend Dragon's Jewels:

http://www.dragonsjewels.com/

He made my coronet and it is gorgeous!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Wow those are nice indeed but a bit out of my price range in these desperate times.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Ambios

Just great, Capn Faye.....now I've got another place to tempt me to spend me money.  Already was considering Lemke's Order of the Garter chain, about the same price range!   ;D
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Think this would be passable?

granted it may need to be altered a bit but I'm on a bit of a budget
Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Ambios

Could work.  IMHO, you'd need to get rid of all the "regular chain links" to make it look right.  Would there be enough length left to get a good proper "drape" both in front and in back when you were done?
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

the regular chain and alligator clip would be removed.  I don't think the length will be an issue...one of our troupe's signatures is a red cape which will cover the back from being seen.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Ambios on August 18, 2009, 07:04:39 AM
Just great, Capn Faye.....now I've got another place to tempt me to spend me money.  Already was considering Lemke's Order of the Garter chain, about the same price range!   ;D

Mwuahahahaha!

I like the idea of using the belt as a chain, with removing the modern chain. Perhaps if you got crafty you could link some rings together to replace the chain? :)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE