News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

No Countdown Yet!?

Started by Sir William Marcus, August 14, 2009, 12:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

I'm surprised there is no countdown yet as the opening day draws near!

Who's Ready?
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Imestra

Indeed Ohio's forum seems to me suspiciously quiet. 
Soon we shall meet at Willy-Nilly-on-the-Wash!   ;D
May I just take the opportunity to say yet again that Albannach is an experience not to be missed
and they are only on stage one weekend 9/12 & 13.   :'(
Ratman & Bobbin where art thou?
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Ratman and Bobin

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

WindChime

I'm gonna try to make it out there. I'm suppose to be working for a new vendor but with surgery on the 2nd of Sept. I can pretty much plan on sitting home for a few weeks to recover before they let me stumble around for the day.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Lady Riddle

I am surprised too.  I expected to see one.  Oh well.  I will start my own.

15 DAYS UNTIL OPENING DAY AT ORF!
;D

Sigundo

I've been counting down since about February when I "discovered" renaissance festivals and decided to take the plunge.. was a Looooong wait until the Highland festival in Kentucky (my first one) and the ORF is gettin' closer. Don't want to rush it TOO much as I'm still waiting on my belt to arrive..and breaking in my boots as well. Nothing like the last minute panic to get that adreneline rushing!
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Sir William Marcus

Nicely done Lady Riddle, and welcome to the addiction Sigundo !
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Ratman and Bobin

Quote from: Lady Riddle on August 18, 2009, 10:22:15 AM
I am surprised too.  I expected to see one.  Oh well.  I will start my own.

15 DAYS UNTIL OPENING DAY AT ORF!
;D

Our Queen!! **bowing deeply** ,,,, We are so sorry we have been slacking but we have been getting the word out about the plight of the Great Lakes Medieval Faire. Now we can concentrate on our duties!! Cant wait to see everyone opening day!!
Cheers!
Ratman & Bobin

ps. Ratman & Bobin would love to keep their heads if Your Highness would have it so. Grammercy.
Isaac Newton 1642-1727

Ratman and Bobin

Quote from: Sigundo on August 19, 2009, 02:28:11 AM
I've been counting down since about February when I "discovered" renaissance festivals and decided to take the plunge.. was a Looooong wait until the Highland festival in Kentucky (my first one) and the ORF is gettin' closer. Don't want to rush it TOO much as I'm still waiting on my belt to arrive..and breaking in my boots as well. Nothing like the last minute panic to get that adreneline rushing!
Huzzah and Well met Sigundo!! When will you be there? We have season passes so we will be there almost every weekend. We will have to meet up!
Cheers!
Ratman & Bobin
ps. Mark your calendar for Pirates Weekend (3rd weekend) as that will be our annual R/F invasion weekend!!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Imestra on August 14, 2009, 06:36:30 PM

It's the deep breath before the plunge.
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Avidd

Also,there doesn't seem to be a roll call for opening weekend.  ;D

Sigundo

Woops! Should have posted that time. We'll be going there opening weekend (Labor Day weekend). I don't usually do "heat" well, but was all excited and didn't check the climatology for the area. I work weekends so had to pick the days in January (thats when we put in for our vacation days for the next year). If all goes well and I can get the days off, we might go back up on Romance days (can't remember exactly when that is but its on the web page listing under themes... won't know if I have it off though until the Wednesday the week before.

Already have the tickets for the first day (had to email them about a problem adding single tickets to the group package but they got it fixed very quickly once I emailed them). Gonna see how it goes and then plan on just paying at the gate the second day. Based on my limited ren experience, I'm sure I'll be there Sunday as well unless maybe a major rain event kicks in... but I'll worry about rain a bit closer to opening day :)
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on August 19, 2009, 02:30:41 PM
Quote from: Imestra on August 14, 2009, 06:36:30 PM

It's the deep breath before the plunge.

Or perhaps, All quiet before the storm