News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

only 1 more weekend

Started by duffy, August 09, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Looks  like  it will  be  a nice  weekend.  Warm, and  humid , but no rain.

I  will be  thinking of  you all .  I may not be  able  to be  there in person, but I  will be  there in  my heart  and  spirit  with  you.

Thanks  to Sir  Douglas  and  cast  and  crew  for   keeping Sterling  alive  and  going, and  to what  appears  to have   been a good  season,  despite  the  weather.     

Here is  to next season  !  See  everyone  next  year  I  hope  ! :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

awwwwwwwww....well I do hope you will invade our shire next year!
take care!!!!!
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

MMario

For those of you who will be there Sunday - the final Final Pub sing will include a Sterling tradition - the Rose Parade.

this is a tradition unique to Sterling, to my knowledge, and exemplifies the relationship between the regulars, the cast and staff of Sterling - which in itself is nearly unique  in faires.

The fact that it is also an emotion twisting, gut wringing, sentimental ending to a season is a bonus.

But if you are there, it is something not to be missed.

duffy

Ozium

Quote from: MMario on August 14, 2009, 03:22:39 PM
For those of you who will be there Sunday - the final Final Pub sing will include a Sterling tradition - the Rose Parade.

this is a tradition unique to Sterling, to my knowledge, and exemplifies the relationship between the regulars, the cast and staff of Sterling - which in itself is nearly unique  in faires.

The fact that it is also an emotion twisting, gut wringing, sentimental ending to a season is a bonus.

But if you are there, it is something not to be missed.

I am not sure the formentioned is a bonus, But i would not miss it for anything. Unfortunately i am feeling it already.

Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

OMG..the 'rose parade'......makes me cry so much. 
Lordie.......don't get me started!
Maybe I should bring a truck load of tissues?
:'(
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Aaroncois

Interesting. We've always tended to go toward the beginning of the season. I've never heard of, much less seen, the rose parade. Sounds intriguing.

Lord Finger

Not a dry eye in the house. I even cry a little, on the inside...in a manly way.

Khaalis

The first time I have ever seen Marie truly speechless. One of the most memorable rose parades in many years.
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat