News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

One-day Improv class June 1, 2008

Started by Professor M, May 21, 2008, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Here's a great chance to brush up on your acting skills and have a million laughs at the same time.  Dave Flick is offering a one-day intensive improv class on Sunday, June 1 from 10am to 5pm.  WooHoo!  7 hours of improv in one day!  I can't wait!!!!

You can get more information here: http://www.donnabelajaccasting.com/servlet/StoreFront

This class is for anyone, not just actors.  I hope to see many of you there.  We'll have a ball.   ;D
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Professor M

What, no takers?  C'mon folks, Flick will torture me for 7 hours if I'm the only one there!  Actually, I know a couple of folks who are coming, but what about the rest of you?
~ C.S. Lewis

anne of oaktower

I would LOVE to come down for it, M., but I'm afraid I still have no vehicle and no $ for the registration fee.   If that changes in the next 24 - 48 hours, I'll let you know.

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

I have to echo M's post.  An improv class with flick is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on and you will notice the difference when you interact with everybody.  Not only on stage but in just playing with other people.  It's a great experience and it comes back to you.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

anne of oaktower

Is there any possibility that he'll be doing it again in July or August?

And please refresh my memory....is Dave Flick one of our folks from Renfaire?

Terry Griffith

Quote from: anne of oaktower on May 29, 2008, 07:59:03 PM
is Dave Flick one of our folks from Renfaire?

Yes, Last year, he was the Old Fool who, along with the Big Fool comprised the act "Foolery".  There is a YouTube video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iAtVsEVCJ4 .  In previous incarnations, he was the Sheriff John Undercutt, one of the more memorable characters from the old cast.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

anne of oaktower

Professor M

I wish I could say.  On Saturday I received an email that it was being rescheduled.  I'm not sure why.  There may be a second opportunity up ahead.
~ C.S. Lewis