News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First annual Open Casting Call!!

Started by Lord William, August 20, 2009, 12:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord William

I'm here to invite anyone and everyone to attend the 1'st annual AL Ren Faire open casting call. We've always viewed ourselves as a community event, and giving the community (local and abroad) a chance to get more involved with the entertainment side of things is the natural next step. We offer the free costume workshop where you can get a basic outfit made on the spot, to take home and "dress up" to be something truely unique. Now, no longer will you be just another spectator in a costume. You can join in the fun, helping us to make the faire one of the top events in the South East!!

What roles are available:

I will list examples of roles that we are looking to have filled, however we also understand that you could very well have a unique idea all your own to bring to the table.

• Ladies in waiting and general Courtiers - Ladies in Waiting are there to attend to the Queen and her needs. Courtiers are Nobles who make up the Royal Court.

Guards/soldiers - Simple task of guarding the Royal Court and keeping everyone safe. One only has to look "cool", no combat training necessary.

"Bring Out Your Dead" cart - The famous cart from Monty Python's Holy Grail,'Nuff said. Easily done by one or more people.

Dung Collector - Simple character who travels about with his/her cart collecting their namesake. Good for laughs.

Washer Wenches - Peasant ladies who wash clothes in the fountain, and offer similar services to faire patrons

Plague Victims - The name says it all.

Chaucer and members of his "Canturbery Tales" - We have long wanted these represented for years.

Royal Executioner - We have Stocks that were perfect photo ops last year. This person oversees them, and encourages folks to give them a try.

Court Jester - Making her Majesty laugh is their primary task, but entertaing the crowd with jokes and bufoonery is a definate must.

Flag Bearer - The Queen has her Coat of Arms on a flag, and this person would carry it as needed.

Bearer of the State Sword - Sword carried during the Royal Progress around the Faire grounds.

General volunteers - We are always needing help with setup/takedown, and during the event with childrens activities, helping at our official booth, e.t.c.

When and Where:

Thursday, September 10'th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Richards Center (Florence City Schools Board of Ed)
541 Riverview Drive Florence, AL 35630

Faire dates are (for performance purposes):

October 24'th and 25'th 2009
Saturday October 24'th - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
sunday October 25'th - 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

I look forward to seeing anyone and everyone who would like the chance to work with the AL Renaissance Faire!  ;D

amy

This is wonderful, good news Sir!   How great that ALRF will be adding this fun feature.  Sarah and I will be driving home from opening weekend at OHRF on Tuesday the 8th but are going to try to work the open call into our travel route!  We are not in the Florence area and I wonder if there will be much need of additional rehearsal or required dates if we participate?    Will this also spill over into the feast event (which we also hope to attend for our 1st time this year)?  Either way... we will do our best to be there and if not then we will be enthusiastic interactors with your cast!

Lord William

QuoteOriginally posted by Amy:
This is wonderful, good news Sir!   How great that ALRF will be adding this fun feature.  Sarah and I will be driving home from opening weekend at OHRF on Tuesday the 8th but are going to try to work the open call into our travel route!  We are not in the Florence area and I wonder if there will be much need of additional rehearsal or required dates if we participate?    Will this also spill over into the feast event (which we also hope to attend for our 1st time this year)?  Either way... we will do our best to be there and if not then we will be enthusiastic interactors with your cast!

Thank you for your enthusiasm and willingness to join with us in this venture! We shall pray for a safe trip to and from the OHRF, and that you will be able to attend our casting call on the 8'th! :)

The roles we're looking to have filled for the most part, won't require any outside rehersals other that what you would do in your own free time. Any that might require some extra group rehearsals we can schedule those accordingly, but I'm most certain that you can fill a role that wouldn't requre anything extra, as far as driving into Florence.

Feast wise, it could spill over, provided we have some folks who are willing to commit to that date in their performing. But we have a good bit of the feast already taken care of, and would use folks from this casting call to be "filler" material as needed. However, if you're coming as a paid guest with a ticket, then you wouldn't have to perform anything specific; you're there to be entertained. :)

Many thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you on the 8'th! :D

Lord William

UPDATE!!!

I just found out that there is another local event scheduled on the same evening, and as we don't want to be competition for it, plus I am involved in said event, we are going to have to move the Casting Call back two days to Thursday, September 10'th. Same time, same locale though.

So sorry to all who had already been making plans to attend on that Tuesday!!!  :(

renfairephotog

reminder bump this is this Thursday, the 10th. So if you are interested go for it,
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lord William

Yes thanks for the "bump!  ;D I've been busy with "life" and didn't get to visit here in a bit! Hope that some folks from the forums here will drop by! Should be fun!!!  :)

Lord William

First a special thanks to everyone who came out last night in support of the Ren Faire!! We had 21, which was a very good number I think, for our first time out!  :)

The countdown is on folks! The Feast is fast approaching and the Faire is right around the corner as well!!