News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any ideas on clean, affordable rooms somewhat close to the Faire?

Started by dawizzard56, August 21, 2009, 05:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawizzard56

Greetings all. MiLady and MiSelf will be heading to join all for the Pirate weekend next month. Sterling is our home Faire but that has ended for the season so headed out for more fun. Any ideas will be appreached. Thank thee all.                    Godke

Lady_Claira

I'm not 100% certain because I do the 2.5 hour drive up to the faire grounds on the days that I go, but according to the NYRF website, these are the recommended hotels or inns for those who want them.

http://www.renfair.com/NY/general/hotels.php
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: dawizzard56 on August 21, 2009, 05:49:12 PM
        Greetings all. MiLady and MiSelf will be heading to join all for the Pirate weekend next month. Sterling is our home Faire but that has ended for the season so headed out for more fun. Any ideas will be appreached. Thank thee all.                    Godke

The Doubletree is the only one I can comment on because I know people who stayed there - if you mention you are there for the NYRF you get a discounted room. It is on Rt 17 - which is handy - and so far everyone who went there has enjoyed it. Not sure what your budget is, I think this one runs somewhere between $80 and $120 a night.

dawizzard56

Thanks thee all who has replied. Been searching the AAA book also but not much listed in it either. We will be heading on Rt. 17 passing through Binghamton towards Rt. 17A and looks like most of places are past the Faire that are listed or people mentioned. Being a bit over 4 hour trip might just see what we run into along the way or get up real early then have fun at the Faire all day then search after and hope for the best! Thanks again all.   Godke