News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What a Great Opening Weekend!

Started by winterland, August 23, 2009, 09:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on August 24, 2009, 11:42:18 AM
My wife, son and I had a great time starting with the breakfast (where did the table person go??).

thanks to White Trillium for letting us know about the Dregalong - had a blast at Macs'.

We hope to return sometime in September, just my wife and I so we can get a bit crazier.

So glad you all had a good time!! Hopefully next time you are here we will have more of a chance to chat!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Random Girl

It was a long strange weekend for us too.  A parrot kept getting loose on grounds dubbed ParrotGate2009.  Oh and we were constantly imitating the Yip Yip Martians from Sesame Street.  yipyipyiyipyip uhhuh uhhuh RAAAADDDIIIOOOOO uh huh uh huh nopenopenope.

I barely slept. Sorry to those of you I checked passes of at the BLT Saturday night.  I didn't know you guys were working there this year and wanted to make sure.  Thanks for humoring me.

Oh and thanks to Muffin and Capt B for keeping The Todd occupied until his friends showed up.  Much appreciated.  My drunk weed puller was in no condition to do anything but sleep. 

I will try to be more social next weekend.  ^_^
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: harem_pants on August 24, 2009, 02:01:02 PM
It was a long strange weekend for us too.  A parrot kept getting loose on grounds dubbed ParrotGate2009.  Oh and we were constantly imitating the Yip Yip Martians from Sesame Street.  yipyipyiyipyip uhhuh uhhuh RAAAADDDIIIOOOOO uh huh uh huh nopenopenope.

I love those aliens! Coooowwww cooowww cooowww cow cow cowcowcowcowcow...
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady_Lily

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM on August 24, 2009, 11:27:33 AM
I had a blast!!! Can't wait till next Saturday!!

splendid indeed...

anyone have Angelina's cell number from the dregs? she wants to do my makeup...

Yes, yes I do! I have her e-mail too.

Noble Dreg

It was a long strange weekend for us too.  A parrot kept getting loose on grounds...

Well that explains why I was asked on three separate occasions if I lost my parrot.  I feared Bacardi had lost blue!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Muffin

Quote from: Noble Dreg on August 24, 2009, 05:55:59 PM
It was a long strange weekend for us too.  A parrot kept getting loose on grounds...

Well that explains why I was asked on three separate occasions if I lost my parrot.  I feared Bacardi had lost blue!

Blue is currently not speaking to Bacardi.......... He was left on the bar and missed opening weekend...  :o For  Shame!! >:(.... His babies hung with me at the pub though! :D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

groomporter

Compared our numbers and we sold almost as much as we did first weekend last year.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Noble Dreg on August 24, 2009, 05:55:59 PM
It was a long strange weekend for us too.  A parrot kept getting loose on grounds...

Well that explains why I was asked on three separate occasions if I lost my parrot.  I feared Bacardi had lost blue!

Wait... a REAL parrot kept getting loose?? This just keeps getting better and better!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

tcindie

Yeah, it was sitting in a tree by the fencing booth for an hour or two, where it was finally caught. :)

Captain Jack Wolfe

Huzzah!  An animal got loose!  Now we got us a ren fest!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Noble Dreg

I did have a most unusual opening weekend myself...After 25 some years of fest I have successfully managed to avoid "the pickle".  I mentioned this to a customer, turn around and there's Karlie with a pickle in her hand...for me.  Told the customer I'd eat "the Pickle" if he'd buy the shoes, he bought 'em.

Yep, I ate "the pickle".  I feel so dirty.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Captain Jack Wolfe

I hope Nickie knows you sullied yourself to make a sale.  That's dedication!  My hero!  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

tcindie

I don't eat the pickles.. but I drink the brine. mmmmm wouldn't be a day at fest without passing around a mug of pickle brine :)

Marietta Graziella

Seems to me I passed you a flask that DID NOT contain any pickle product and you enjoyed that rightly enough!   It was delightful to see you, TC.  Oh wait, what's your name now?  It isn't anything as mundane as Will, right?   ;) ;D :-*
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

winterland

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on August 24, 2009, 11:42:18 AM
My wife, son and I had a great time starting with the breakfast (where did the table person go??).

Uhh sleepy?