News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Picture A Day 2009

Started by Jon Foster, August 23, 2009, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

Ok, it's time to get posting. Lets see your shots of the day!

Our Queen rules!

What can I say about this one that you can't see yourself?

Jon.

Lims

Thumper

Beautiful pics!  I can't wait to see more.

Jon Foster

Thanks. Who else has some pictures for us? I saw a lot of cameras this weekend!

Here's one more. A Panographic shot of the Queen's court and few of our fellow RFer's.

Jon.

sealion

Here's my favorite photo from opening day.

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Jon Foster

Carl

The Vulgarians were the best
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Pipere

Quote from: Carl and Donna on August 24, 2009, 06:32:49 PM
The Vulgarians were the best

I look like I'm about to sneeze...

BUT WE 'PPRECIATE IT!
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Ladyfair

Sealion - that picture of Belch is awesome!!!!  For those who do not know him..... he is the son of Pirate Shantyman and Bonnie Lass. 
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on August 23, 2009, 11:21:26 PM

What can I say about this one that you can't see yourself?

Jon.

Great shot, Jon!
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on August 24, 2009, 08:51:28 PM
Great shot, Jon!

Thanks. Were you there this weekend? I was hoping to run into you.

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on August 24, 2009, 09:33:37 PM
Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on August 24, 2009, 08:51:28 PM
Great shot, Jon!

Thanks. Were you there this weekend? I was hoping to run into you.

Jon.

Yep, though I won't be in garb until later in the season (my brother-in-law starts on my kilt next week).  Heck, I spent half the time keeping my camera in my backpack due to the weather, and the fact that I didn't bring any rain gear for it.

If you saw a guy in shorts and a black tank top with a Led Zep tattoo on his upper left arm trying to shoot from cover of the rain, that was me!
(This space for rent)

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

HAIL VULGARIA!

*throws myself down into the mud before them*

Jon Foster

Quote from: sealclubber on August 24, 2009, 10:51:02 PM
HAIL VULGARIA!

*throws myself down into the mud before them*

Sealclubber, I don't know how many times I heard you yelling that on Sunday...

Xanthenes, I don't remember seeing anyone with that description. If you see a balding guy with a beard and camera at the fest it's probably me. We stop by Things From Rings on every lap of the grounds. I'll admit I was pretty tired by the end of the day on Sunday too. I found a lot of places to park myself and rest. I'll keep an eye out for you next weekend. I'm pretty sure we'll be there. I was also looking for Cyron but he was a no show.

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on August 24, 2009, 11:10:09 PM

Xanthenes, I don't remember seeing anyone with that description. If you see a balding guy with a beard and camera at the fest it's probably me. We stop by Things From Rings on every lap of the grounds. I'll admit I was pretty tired by the end of the day on Sunday too. I found a lot of places to park myself and rest. I'll keep an eye out for you next weekend. I'm pretty sure we'll be there. I was also looking for Cyron but he was a no show.

Jon.

I'll definitely give Things From Rings a look whenever I pass by.  Still trying to figure out if I'm going next Sunday or will just wait until the Labor Day MiRF camping trip.  I have a potential gig shooting at the U.S. Open in New York on Labor Day weekend, which would kill the camping trip, which would in turn necessitate hitting the grounds next Sunday.  Hoping to find out this week.

Also, does anyone know if MiRF has any photo/video gear limitations?  Typically, I just wander around with my backpack and Canon and shoot stills, but at some point this season, I'd like to run out with my Canon 5D Mark II fully loaded with my video gear (9" HD monitor mounted on top, audio processor on the bottom, boom mic, Vinten tripod).  A call to the organizers may be in order, as I don't want to scare the hell out of anyone by dragging all that crap around.

(This space for rent)