News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Picture A Day 2009

Started by Jon Foster, August 23, 2009, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric of Lyon

Great photos, all!  Please, keep posting them!  It's proving to be a challenge getting to the fest this year and all your photos are one way for me to "drop in" for a few moments. 
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Lord Virgil

Quote from: sealion on August 24, 2009, 05:19:28 PM
Here's my favorite photo from opening day.

That little one is the cutest shot I've seen in a long time.  Huzzah!!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Jon Foster

It's fun to see little kids enjoying the festivals.

The kid below has a new hero now. You should have seen him during the show. If my heart raced like his did I'd have a heart attack for sure!

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

There's just something about this one that I think I like...

(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

I think I know what it is.  ;D

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on August 25, 2009, 08:52:54 PM
I think I know what it is.  ;D

Jon.

Yeah, upon further reflection... So. Do. I.    ::)
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

Poldugarian Warrior

Actually Pipere I thought you looked as if you were laughing and they took the pic in mid-laugh, so it's not a bad shot. As for the old comments about the Vulgarians looking totally Goth. I think your's and the lord's standing next to you garb is very cool. That burgundy and black is very rich looking. The Fops missing his signature hat, you all know which one I'm talking about right? And that little kid reminds me of how I felt meeting these people at his age. And even now when I dress in my garb and meet children and their parents and others I feel I'm sharing the same experience over and over again and helping people enjoy history and heritage a little more.

Carl

Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

LadyAnn

Quote from: graphicknight on August 25, 2009, 10:01:47 AM
Great photos, all!  Please, keep posting them!  It's proving to be a challenge getting to the fest this year and all your photos are one way for me to "drop in" for a few moments. 

Hello GK,

We do hope that you will be able to join us this season!

~Lady Ann Bowman ~
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Lord Virgil

Great shot of the muskets firing Carl.  Muzzle fire is cool!!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Poldugarian Warrior

Very cool, too bad Michigan or the nation doesn't have a matchlock/wheellock shooting demonstration group. They recently did a show on the history channel, I believe it was Warriors, and they covered the samurai and they showed how they even used matchlock. So there are groups out there doing those sort of demonstartions their just hard to find or very expensive to book.

gypsyqueenie

snipe - "Muzzle fire is cool!!" - So is cannon fire - join us when we sent up another black powder  certification training session - yes a few of the Brethren are certified (not insane yet) via the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. We hope to help arrange a class in February or March of 2010 but limited attendance.

As for a demo group - we have them - they are that good and they are booked solid much of the time. Bristol also has them as well but they can be indeed a bit pricey.
Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on August 30, 2009, 06:49:10 PM
One more...

Jon.

Nice shot, Jon!  I just realized that guy is in this photo-illustration I did from the group dance after the gates opened the first Sunday.

(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

Xanthenes, I don't remember his name but he is really funny. I love his feathered hat too.

Jon.