News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Roll Call/ Tailgate

Started by Captain Fortune, August 24, 2009, 05:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Fortune

Well this pirate is planning on sailing in for opening weekend.

I haven't seen anything on who I should expect to see in the lot bright and early Saturday morning.

The Captain is sailing home. Let's celebrate! Who's in?
A Pirate's Life for Me.

arbcoind

I'm very much interested in the tailgate.  What time is "bright and early"?  The two of us should be able to get to the lot well before cannon.

Gina and Barry

Scarlett

Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

chris the green

Joe and I will be there...Hopefully early so we can partake of the tailgate!  See everyone on Saturday!  
Green  
{:(|)

Terry Griffith

Wish I could be outside the gate but I'll be busy inside.

Remember, the opening cannon is at 10:30 and the gate show is at 10:10.

Hint:  bring wine bottles to the opening gate show.  You can't bring them in but they will come in handy.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Higgins

My Lady and I are very much looking forward to seeing our lovely friends from Morlandshire this weekend! We should be arriving in the hour of nine. Can you say mimosa?

Scarlett

Quote from: Higgins on August 24, 2009, 04:20:36 PM
My Lady and I are very much looking forward to seeing our lovely friends from Morlandshire this weekend! We should be arriving in the hour of nine. Can you say mimosa?

Excellent my good man!  We're so looking forward to seeing you!  Mimosas will be aplenty methinks!  Are you coming alone or with the rest of your entourage?

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on August 24, 2009, 12:23:44 PM
Remember, the opening cannon is at 10:30 and the gate show is at 10:10.

I must echo our Troubadour's sentiment.  We love you, tailgaters!  But we'd also love to entertain you a bit with our gate show.  Please consider walking over to the gate for a few minutes to enjoy the show.  You may, of course, resume your tailgating as soon as we're finished.  You are all like family to us, and we hate to start the day without you.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

mariab4

Greetings and salutations!  I hope to be visiting the Pittsburgh faire for the first time this weekend!!  What can I bring to the tailgate?  Any suggestions?  Since I will be traveling, I don't have the option of cooking anything.  Would bagels and fixings do? 

Maria

chriscat53

I will not be there until week 2--kids and pirates. I have never been to a tailgate and never seen an opening show. Do they only occur the first week?

Professor M

Chris,

Gate Show happens every morning.  It is a tradition at most faires, just like Pub Sing.  It is an opening ceremony - a sort of one-act play that introduces some of the cast, defines the theme for the weekend, and introduces a few of the stage acts.  It will start around 10:10-10:15.  Our goal is to finish as near 10:30 as we possibly can and finish with the firing of the cannon to officially open the front gate for the day.

I try to see the gate show at every faire I attend.  It is the other bookend of pub sing, and I can't imagine missing either one.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Scarlett

To anyone interested in joining tailgating activities, feel free to show up between 9:00 - 9:30.  Bring your own provisions for eats & drinks and join the fun! 

Countess Westmorland

WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  I want a mimosa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will throw a rope down over the side of the parapet with a small bucket attached and you can send one up to me!  Nah, better not!  Might be too obvious then everyone would want one!
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Higgins

Ahh ... my dearest Scarlet, alas my entourage will not be in my company. I will however work feverishly to (ahem) fill the void (as it were).

Capt. Morgan

Dwyn and I will be thinking of all of our Morelandshire family (and guests) with fond thoughts come the dawn of your Faire Season and wish you all days filled with music, laughter, fellowship and tasty beverages!

((HUGS))

We miss you!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.