News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Merchants' area restricted?

Started by groomporter, August 24, 2009, 06:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

I mentioned to a merchants' Elist that there was some talk about the possibility of Storefronts for Merchants here at RF.com, but it seems the "Merchant's News" area may be locked out except to members? Could this be altered? I would think some of the info there would be of use to "guests" visiting the forum.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DeadBishop

We had to set certain areas that were being hit hard by spammers with restrictions to keep them at bay.  A member has to have 10 posts before the merchants area becomes visible.  I'm hesitant to revert back, but with the changes that will be happening, we'll see what changes need to be made.

R/F.com member since 2003

groomporter

Yeah I figgered it was an anti-spam measure. Too bad there's not a "read only" option until a new member reaches a certain point...
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DeadBishop

I take that back, all they have to be is a registered member for the merchants area.  That should make it much easier.

R/F.com member since 2003