News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Michigan Renaissance Festival 2009

Started by Xanthenes The Unbalanced, August 24, 2009, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

A few shots from an overcast, rainy first visit to MiRF 2009.  Would have taken more, but as I didn't bring rain gear for the camera, and am too chickens**t to expose her to the elements, I'll just settle for what I got.  At the very least, it serves as a handy excuse to go back.  And back.  And back.

(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

A few more from Sunday.  The rest of the collection, as they're processed, can be found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21849679@N06/sets/72157622010876021/

Going to try to get back next Sunday.  If anyone would like some portraiture shot, please find the ugly guy in shorts (I'll garb later in the season), tank top, and brandishing a Led Zeppelin tattoo (angel and symbols) on his upper left arm.  He won't bite, but he'd love to take your picture.

(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

And a few more shots to close things out:

(This space for rent)

Sir William Marcus

Once again, your images are exceptional
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Thumper

Beautiful photos, sir!  You truely capture the magic of MIRF.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on August 25, 2009, 07:39:09 AM
Once again, your images are exceptional

Thank you, William!  What I wouldn't give for just a little more sun next time.

Quote from: Thumper on August 25, 2009, 11:30:33 AM
Beautiful photos, sir!  You truely capture the magic of MIRF.

Thank you, m'lady!  Again, if there are any willing victims, look for the jackass with the Zeppelin tattoo on his left shoulder.  He'll be hauling camera gear everywhere.  Tell him to take your picture.  He'd love to. 
(This space for rent)

Thumper

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on August 25, 2009, 01:27:15 PM
Again, if there are any willing victims, look for the jackass with the Zeppelin tattoo on his left shoulder.  He'll be hauling camera gear everywhere.  Tell him to take your picture.  He'd love to. 

I will attempt to find you at some point this upcoming weekend.   ;)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Thumper on August 25, 2009, 02:12:47 PM
Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on August 25, 2009, 01:27:15 PM
Again, if there are any willing victims, look for the jackass with the Zeppelin tattoo on his left shoulder.  He'll be hauling camera gear everywhere.  Tell him to take your picture.  He'd love to. 

I will attempt to find you at some point this upcoming weekend.   ;)

Sweet.  I'll be there this coming Sunday, as I just picked up a shooting gig in NYC over Labor Day weekend that has killed my annual MiRF camping trip (which would bum me out if I wasn't getting courtside press credentials at the U.S. Open)   :)
(This space for rent)

Lord Clisto of York

Hail my friends,

I have just finished putting up my Michigan Ren Faire pictures from opening weekend Sunday 8/23/09. I missed going last year so this was a total blast. Lots of fun with many good friends I have missed seeing as well as new ones I made. The weather was a little drizzly in the morning, but stopped and was overcast the rest of the day and in the low 70's. Couldn't ask for better there. I spent the day off and on with King Henry the Red of Shiabruck, went to listen to Owain Phyfe 3 times and did Queens tea in the castle with her majesty Elizabeth. Also met up for the RF Gathering and picture. Thanks to all my good friends there who I got to see again, you have always held a special place with me. You guys rock!! Anyway, for anyone interested, just follow the link below. Then click on the
appropriate link once there for the Michigan Renaissance Faire.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

This coming weekend I shall be traveling back to Bristol for one last day before I must leave to perform in the court in Iowa through September. I will probably be there this Sunday 8/30/09. Hope to see many of my friends again to wish them well and say goodbye for the year there. I do hope I will still see many of them elsewhere after September when I go to Ohio and Mid Michigan faires. So, if anyone is
going to be at these places, just send me a message and let me know.

And, on one other note, I was surprised and honored by Queen Catherine and King Edward of Iowa in elevating me to the title of Duke. It is an honor I will proudly uphold.

Have a great week,

Lord Clisto Seversword, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Sicari

Ah the rain. At least it wasn't unbareably hot.  :D  Well week 1 pics are done and seeing as how your here instead of on your way to fest at least you can enjoy these.

Sicari

http://www.pbase.com/sicari/mirf_09

lordwriothsley

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Jon Foster

Jon Foster

Good shots Sicari. We didn't see you at all on Sunday...

Jon.

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Nice shots!  We all probably stumbled within 10 feet of each other on that rainy Sunday and never noticed.  The cool thing about having so many good photogs covering the same event is that I get to see how somebody else chooses to shoot the exact same acts/people. 

Now that I've ruined my back and had to pull out of shooting some U.S. Open stuff this weekend (a move which might wind up costing me some Olympics work), I might be half-walking, half-crawling around the grounds this weekend.  I figure at least at RenFair, I can b**ch, whine, complain, and take a break whenever I want.  On a 12-hour a day paid gig?  No.  So, I chickened out, I tucked tail and ran, and it's for the very guys I'm trying to get to haul my fat butt out to Vancouver next year.   :-[

So, if you see a visibly broken jackass in shorts and a tank top (the kilt is still two weeks away), with a clearly visible Led Zeppelin tattoo on his left arm, say hi.  Or if I'm limping around and impeding your progress, yell at him to get the hell out of the way.   :)
(This space for rent)