News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Michigan Renaissance Festival 2009

Started by Xanthenes The Unbalanced, August 24, 2009, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

Don't forget to be at the Things From Rings booth at 11:00 AM. Everyone stops by and says Hi to each other. Things From Rings is next to the small bridges that Hob sits on. Wait, which day will you be there this weekend?

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 01, 2009, 07:07:45 PM
Don't forget to be at the Things From Rings booth at 11:00 AM. Everyone stops by and says Hi to each other. Things From Rings is next to the small bridges that Hob sits on. Wait, which day will you be there this weekend?

Jon.

If I make it, it'll be Saturday.  As it is, I'm going to really give it a shot, but it depends on what plans my back has.  If I do, look for a Vicodin-riddled, glassy eyed, photo geek at Things From Rings at 11.  He'll introduce himself as Chris and then promptly fall into a narcotic coma.

(This space for rent)

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 01, 2009, 12:58:03 PM
Nice shots!  We all probably stumbled within 10 feet of each other on that rainy Sunday and never noticed.  The cool thing about having so many good photogs covering the same event is that I get to see how somebody else chooses to shoot the exact same acts/people. 

Now that I've ruined my back and had to pull out of shooting some U.S. Open stuff this weekend (a move which might wind up costing me some Olympics work), I might be half-walking, half-crawling around the grounds this weekend.  I figure at least at RenFair, I can b**ch, whine, complain, and take a break whenever I want.  On a 12-hour a day paid gig?  No.  So, I chickened out, I tucked tail and ran, and it's for the very guys I'm trying to get to haul my fat butt out to Vancouver next year.   :-[

So, if you see a visibly broken jackass in shorts and a tank top (the kilt is still two weeks away), with a clearly visible Led Zeppelin tattoo on his left arm, say hi.  Or if I'm limping around and impeding your progress, yell at him to get the hell out of the way.   :)
What (if you don't mind me asking) did you do to your back to mess it up so bad Xanthenes?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 05, 2009, 11:47:56 AM
Nice shots!  We all probably stumbled within 10 feet of each other on that rainy Sunday and never noticed.  The cool thing about having so many good photogs covering the same event is that I get to see how somebody else chooses to shoot the exact same acts/people. 

Now that I've ruined my back and had to pull out of shooting some U.S. Open stuff this weekend (a move which might wind up costing me some Olympics work), I might be half-walking, half-crawling around the grounds this weekend.  I figure at least at RenFair, I can b**ch, whine, complain, and take a break whenever I want.  On a 12-hour a day paid gig?  No.  So, I chickened out, I tucked tail and ran, and it's for the very guys I'm trying to get to haul my fat butt out to Vancouver next year.   :-[

So, if you see a visibly broken jackass in shorts and a tank top (the kilt is still two weeks away), with a clearly visible Led Zeppelin tattoo on his left arm, say hi.  Or if I'm limping around and impeding your progress, yell at him to get the hell out of the way.   :)
What (if you don't mind me asking) did you do to your back to mess it up so bad Xanthenes?

Monster truck jumping in Calgary last year seems to be the main culprit.  Ruptured a couple discs in my lower back.  I believe I've now exhausted about every non-surgical option available.  To make matters worse, I was jackassing around a couple months ago and tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder (that surgery is tentatively set for this fall or next spring, depending on how long the cortisone holds me over).

I am my own worst enemy.
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

I blew out L4 and S5 when I caught a 6 speed transmission that fell out of ZR1 Corvette. It wasn't fun. I was laid up for almost 4 years. They told me I would live life in a wheelchair if I didn't go under the knife. I escaped surgery and now most people would never know how bad I was hurt. I've learned to sit, stand and walk again. I just can't ride motorcycles anymore. Running is not something I can do very well either. Riding horses is supposed to be a no-no but I've be on them a couple of times.

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 05, 2009, 10:57:46 PM
I blew out L4 and S5 when I caught a 6 speed transmission that fell out of ZR1 Corvette. It wasn't fun. I was laid up for almost 4 years. They told me I would live life in a wheelchair if I didn't go under the knife. I escaped surgery and now most people would never know how bad I was hurt. I've learned to sit, stand and walk again. I just can't ride motorcycles anymore. Running is not something I can do very well either. Riding horses is supposed to be a no-no but I've be on them a couple of times.

Jon.

Wow, that is not cool at the least.  Well, aside from the fact that you wound up escaping the wheelchair.  That's actually quite cool.

By the end of the day today, I was completely dragging weed puller around the Festival grounds.  My back had just freaking had it.  And I'm planning on doing it again tomorrow.  Likely because I'm a dumbass.

EDIT:  Didn't realize it would replace a*s with "weed puller".  That cracks me up.
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

We'll keep an eye out for you in the morning...

Jon.

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 05, 2009, 09:43:14 PM
Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 05, 2009, 11:47:56 AM

Monster truck jumping in Calgary last year seems to be the main culprit.  Ruptured a couple discs in my lower back.  I believe I've now exhausted about every non-surgical option available.  To make matters worse, I was jackassing around a couple months ago and tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder (that surgery is tentatively set for this fall or next spring, depending on how long the cortisone holds me over).

I am my own worst enemy.
Ouch that hurt just listening to it.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Sir James of Milford

Great pictures my friend, I recognise some of them from my day at faire.  I cannot wait till next time!!!
Sir James of Milford
Edward II, Duke of Yorkshire

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Sir James of Milford on September 08, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
Great pictures my friend, I recognise some of them from my day at faire.  I cannot wait till next time!!!

Thank you!  Neither can I.  I'm already setting my TiVo to record a ton of football the next few weekends, as I've decided to try to hit every remaining weekend, if possible. 
(This space for rent)

Lazuras

Good afternoon all! I had forgotten to post links to my festival photos on the forum here, for that I apologize.

I have them posted here: www.pbase.com/lazuras/mrf2009

And here are some highlights:

August 23rd

August 30th

September 7th (Day of Wrong)

September 12th

September 13th

Enjoy!

Mark Moore

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Great stuff, Mark.  Heck of a shot of Pipere.
(This space for rent)

Thumper

Wow, Lazuras!  I love your photos!  Such a great job.

lady M

All you guys take great pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Jon Foster

Great shots Lazuras. I was wondering when you would post something for us.

Jon.