News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Blackbead Productions' First "Major" Motion Picture!

Started by Blackbead, August 25, 2009, 10:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

Ahoy, shipmates!

Navigate over to http://www.gather.com/viewVideo.action?id=11821949021893162 to take a look at Blackbead Productions' first movie!  You'll laugh!  You'll cry!  You'll want to go get something to drink!

And, NO, I will NOT be quitting me day job . . .
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Obadiah Jib

I loved this!  Great poem, chilling tale, well done!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Blackbead

Thank ye, mate!  You have no idea how good a few kind words can make a poor spinner of tales feel!  This one was particularly fun to write since I had to do a great deal of research on the superstitions of the sea, sailors and pirates.  Someday, we'll do a version with multiple readers and I have a particularly vivid image of the scene where the ghost takes the "laughing unbeliever" but I think I'd have to get rich before I could pull that one off!  Thanks again, Mr. Jib!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

renren

Fantastic, Blackbead! I loved the poem before I saw the movie,and that just added to it!
I can just see her,walking the deck....
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Blackbead

Thank you, my friend!  The book is doing okay but it is comments like yours that really keep me going!  I'm glad you liked the poem and the movie.  Look for more of these in the future as we try to get more buzz going about the book (it is almost a year old now!)  Thank you, again, for your comments!

Blackbead

DarkLord

Aye! 'Tis a good poem and good production. Well written and acted.
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

Blackbead