News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bringing Our Own Cups?

Started by Rhiannon, August 25, 2009, 04:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhiannon

As y'all know, the CRF is in a wooded area. Whenever DH and I get a soda at the faire we have to get one to share so that we can drink it quickly, because of all the wasps and hornets flying around (DH doesn't drink alcohol, because he's the driver and I don't drink it because of my medications, so we get soda). I am deathly allergic to bees, wasps, hornets, etc., as in call 911 before I stop breathing allergic.

So any of y'all know if we would be allowed to bring in our own cups to the faire? They have lids, so we'd each be able to buy a soda, pour it into the cup and walk around with a drink, rather than having to gulp it down. I understand that a lot of places don't want you to bring in outside stuff, but this would be an empty cup and not an outside drink.

I was wanting to know the rules now before we went to the faire. Anyone savvy about the rules over this for the CRF?

Master James

That's an easy one.  YES!  Everyone carries their own mugs and cups and that is no issue at any faire I've ever been to including CRF so bring your own cup along!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Rhiannon

Thank you, Master James! I know that people who work at the faire always have their own cups/mugs, but I wasn't sure if we faire-goers in garb could bring our own. That will make things a lot easier. I was getting tired of worrying if I was going to swallow a hornet!

celtaban

The bees can get pretty aggressive around the drinks at CRF!  One of my customers got stung on her hand after she had spilled some wine on it. 

Check this out: https://3harpiesltd.net/dandu/products.php?cat=12  "Dandu" stands for "Dragon and Unicorn," the leather mug makers.  They have a shop at CRF and the link shows one of their leather mugs with an optional lid that discourages dive-bomber insects.  Might be just the thing for you!  If it has to be ordered, ask if you can pick it up at the show to save on shipping.

solaris

At one point (and I think it still happens) if you bought a souvineer mug you got a cupon for a free drink to put in it. I bring my own with me. It totally ruins the look of your garb to walk around holding a big plastic cup.

Lord Cartwright

My Wife and I had these made at CRF with the family crest

Wandering Rogue

I make and bring me own tankard hehehe...  ;D
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Alysea

I will be carrying my new wooden mug made by Sir Goodthrust.   ;D  Cant wait to use it.
Lady Alysea
Baroness of Delfinhal
Protector of Our Majesties Dolphins

ladyharrogate

If Lord forbid you ever do get stung there are safety services people walking around with flags and they have walkie talkies, also the main food booths can get in touch with safety services and many of our performers are able to communicate with safety services too.

cfduke

Not sure if anybody knew this, but the Brats and Beer stand sells 20 oz. drinks. That's where i get mine at. I got stopped by a security guy last year and told him where i got it, he didn't know either.