News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

BS and the Pgh Renfest. Hey it rhymes:)

Started by Sadira, August 26, 2009, 06:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charity Morgan

...censoring doesn't include proper usage of the English language?  OK class... there are several uses, and gee, even ways to spell, the simple word commonly pronounced 2. 

A) go TO the faire, B.) get TWO tickets C.) this is all TOO silly ~  who the heck is this too funny to admit two mistakes hamster? (ps: the first mistake was dissing our ren cousin!)
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Hey- Arent You?

wow, where the 'ell have i been all day?  I'm really confused, cuz not only is the article from CO, and it's over a year old and it's so lame and wrong even WE didn't bother to beat it up. (the indy's not real good about fact checking) ...so it's interesting and all... but.... really? a year old article? rough stuff happens, and it's , um, rough.  but ye gotta move on or ye end up stuck in it and wallowing in it forever.  I know this one person, got in a fight with the ED's over their character 9 years ago, and is still pissed. shows it at every opportunity, till people stopped wanting to hang out with them.  i use to get pissed at stuff, and one day Robin asked me, "what's more important? staying pissed, or staying here?" Robin is a wise man. and yeah, we did end up with more locals working.
and I gotta wonder why that hamster is censoring his package, unless of coarse he's all embarrassed cuz he has no package at all........
but what i really mean to say is, I understand that hamstern that are raised in home are really quite tame and gentle, enjoy human contact & each others company, and generally make good pets. hamsters from pet stores on the other hand, can be very skittish and prone to act out and bite and pee all over you when you try to handle them.  a hamster bit my sister once. hamster bites can be very painful. much like moose, but completely different. anyway, there are different kinds of hamsters....  and sometimes you gotta choose...
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Capt Spleen

Professor M.......
I am in accord with you here good Sir!

I did find humor in this first post, and saw that Sadira indeed made light of it in the second post. No matter the aged date of the link. Links are going to be at one time or another "new" to some, as they "find" them, and will stir humor within them. And that's what she stated.

I always thought that the hamsterness was to change subjects that got TOO intense.
Maybe that new self proclaimed Lord Censorship Hamster doesn't know about that, or they would've left it entirely up to the Hamster King.
Then again sometimes a troll will show up just to stir the pot.
In this case the Lord Censorship Hamster may have come in to Run the Hamster wheel.

This initial thread was NOT deemed intense or even very negative to me at all.

Terry Griffith

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

paulg

I mean seriosuly people. If you don't fully understand the context in which the original post was presented and how it related to the Pittsburgh Faire, don't harass people. Just cause this is the internet doesn't give you carte blanche to be a jerk. And I am sad to say this is the first tim ein my experience here that I have seen someone make use of the word censorship and bash a poster this way.

Hey- Arent You?

Ok, all clever and cryptic shine aside.
I don't believe that any of us on this side had a problem with the original post, except perhaps that we felt like our faire was being dragged into an issue that was not ours. bringing up events that occured here, over a year ago, with a semi inaccurate article, prob'ly made some of us a bit defensive.  for that defensiveness, I humbally and deeply apologize.  it's like siblings, we can beat up our own, but no one else can.  please believe that no disrespect was intended.
I understand what is happening over there, and I feel your pain.  really.  I too, have been cut.  Members of my immediate family and my extended family have been cut. in fact, many, many of us have been cut.  I have cried those tears for myself and many others.  the point of my post was that, you should not give up or give in.  show up anyway. have fun anyway. find a job with a crafter, or some other position that lets you be involved and keep close to your friends. all of us who do faire are so emotionally invested that the thought of being cut can be devastating, and walking away will only make the pain worse. it is much more satisfying to show up and smile in the face of the person who told you to leave, and enjoy your day, in spite of them.  Your faire has had the current PTB for only 3 years.  for us it's been much longer, and the struggles that you face now, we have carried for as long as most of us can remember.  it's hard.  it SUCKS. and the only way to stand strong and not be destroyed is to focus on what you love and who loves you and to forget about the people who don't really care about how you feel anyway.  You must remember that they see this only as a business, and like any other corporation, it's all about the revenue.  now that's not all bad , and there will be many improvements. you will loose people that you love, but new ones will come.  you will loose things and places that you love, but new ones will come.  I say again, stand strong! help each other, buy each other tickets, find each other jobs, drag each other down there and make them have fun.  remember why it is that you do this, and you'll remember, it was never for the PTB in the first place.
as for the self proclaimed "lord" none of us know who that is (although I have a pretty good idea), the post was wrong, misplaced and was obviously intended to create greater drama here.  we who hamster, hamster only to differ and diffuse. to lighten the mood when a thread had become too intense and derogatory.  it is to remind people to have a sense of humor, and the more dire the situation, the more a sense of humor is needed.  this self proclaimed "lord", is not supported by any of us, is obviously a TROLL, and is obviously a COWARD- as witnessed by the new and empty profile.  This person clearly has no understanding, and is denied and rejected by all of us.  I recommend that one of you, because this is your board, to ask DB or John to ban this person and delete the account as well as the posted image.  John & DB are wise men, and will see what has happened here.   Please, I beg of you all,  do not let this person, who is a right rotten shine, who clearly intended to leave US in a bad light, cause damage there, or dissent between us.
I also beg that someone please make sure that Sadira see's this. We love all of you, tho we have never met, and have shared this pain, and shed these tears, a thousand times over.  We have been wounded, healed and wounded again. we have been put off and lied to and trodden upon so many times that it has become expected.  We support you, we stand with you, we send love and healing energy.  Do not fall into the trap of bitterness and resentment. it will only darken your spirit.  Stand Strong, Burn Brightly, and do NOT let the bitternesss get the better of you!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Scotsman

Please allow me to weigh in.

It is my opinion that these boards are unique in their very nature. It allows for a (somewhat) free flow and exchange of ideas, information and opinion. It is a beautiful place to visit, chime in, observe or just get a few chuckles.

That said, it cannot ... WILL NOT, be a free for all. Folks, there are trolls among us. I have a nose for them. This is why I said earlier (somewhat).

Please remember, what may feel funny to some, may be serious to others.

If you have questions about this post, please feel free to renmail me. I welcome input.

SCOTSMAN = TROLL NUKER!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?