News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dance of Dragons by GRRM: What do you think will happen next!

Started by Obadiah Jib, August 07, 2009, 08:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Spoilers alert!

So what are your speculations for book 5 of the Song of Fire and Ice?

I have heard rumors that Jon's first task is to send a group beyond the Wall to deal with the crows at Crasters Keep.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Obadiah Jib

What no one has ideas on what the next chapter in this set of novels holds!  :o

If you have not read the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R. R. Martin and you like fantasy with a good bit of history and intrigue thrown in you might want to give this gems a try.  They are very addictive!

Ambios

I agree, Obadiah....GRRM is a great writer.  Sometimes I almost think too good?  Only "problem" I have with this series is that half of the characters we met in the first book are now dead.  He sure knows how to surprise to keep you intrigued.  I love the series...but I've given up trying to figure out what George might do next!

As to addictive....my older daughter got me hooked, I got my wife hooked, we've gotten two of our best friends hooked....and on it goes.

Now...let's get book 5 in the stores.....I'm tired o' waitin' already!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Lady Penelope

I got introduced to this series in 2006 so I was able to read through the first four books without having to wait for the next one to come out.
I have been impatiently waiting for Dance With Dragons to come out. I've read the series two times through, but to be honest, I don't really remember what went on last.
I think a re-read is in the future? Is there anyone who would be interested in doing a re-read together, so we can discuss the series as we read it and point out things that others might not notice?
(I know the first time I read the series I completely missed some of the events by just reading through it and not truly understanding it)
I'm all for it, I need something to read right now....

Obadiah Jib

Rumor was that GRRM was still writing in June of 2009 so I imagine that we will not see it soon.  Fans might enjoy the Graphic Novel(s) entitled "The Hedge Knight" which takes place about 100 years before the events in Fire and Ice.  The characters in Hedge Knight are briefly mentioned in the Song of Fire and Ice.  It is also cool because you get to see some of the Tangaryens who are not crazy and nasty.  A few are very noble!

I have a theory that in Dance we will discover that Tyrion is headed out to find Dany and help her take her place as the rule of Westos.

I also do not think the Hound is dead but hiding as a blacksmith amid a Sept.

I have no clue what will happen to Bran except that I think that "Coldhands" is his uncle.

Ambios

How's this for out there....

Lady Maud and I were discussing this a couple days ago...we have a theory that before this is all over, Jon and Dany will found a new dynasty.  Yes, I know, Jon's "forbidden" such things by code....but then again he was forbidden to take a Wilder as a mistress....
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Lady Penelope

I could see Tyrion going out to find Dany and helping her. I could also see the Dany/Jon connection.
Could Tyrion and Jon be Dany's two other dragons?

Obadiah Jib

I think Tyrion is going to Dany to help her regain the control of the Iron Throne.  I also think that Ned isn't Jon's real father and that he has ties to the Targaryen line.  I think GRRM will have Jon and Dany get together at some point.  Bran will become the new King of the North (when he gains his powers from the Children of the Forest).  Arya is going to be the element of revenge for the Stark family.  When she is released she will find those who have done the family wrong like the Freys and Theon Greyjoy and soak the 7 kingdoms in blood.

Who is your favorite character(s)?

TiaLD77

Drat Lady Penelope, I just finished Re-reading the books!

I had forgotton much of what went on, & also Picked up some new things I had missed the first time through.

A delicious Bit of Gossip I picked up over on amazon.com forum for the books is What if John, is not Neds Bastard, but is the Love child of Rheagar & Lyanna, Neds Sister?....It ties into the Promise Ned made to her on her death bed.....

I do have to wonder If Brianne and Pod were spared at the end of FOC? & Who exactly Is Jacquar(sp) the Magician who helped Arya?
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)