News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Good Bye!

Started by Sadira, August 27, 2009, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadira

Hi Friends:)
As of this moment I am deleting my account here. So I just wanted to say goodbye. Hopefully I will see you all around. I just can't be on here any more. After my post I recieved warnings not to say what I said or post what I posted. Its sad really that even my ability to speak my mind has been taken by the faire. No one should have that power but this place has let him have it so I guess that's the way it must be.
Best wishes to all.
Sadira

anne of oaktower

You will be missed Sweetie.  Keep in touch.  (HINT: Facebook emails can't be read by prying eyes)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Charity Morgan

Our dear dancing friend... there are no words for the sadness many of us are feeling.  Morgans Bounty and I too will be missing from the Pittsburgh festival this season... by choice.  You have been an incredible asset for several years... your grace and beauty has been admired by many.  Your presence will be sorely missed.  Please accept my words as a small token of the appreciation that many would convey if able.  Please stay in touch... we are your family.
lovingly,
Kharla
Charity Morgan
Morgans Bounty
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Professor M

Sadira, I'm sorry you feel the need to leave.  You're a part of our ren family, and your opinions matter more than anyone who creates a special account just to complain about you.  I applaud the words of Charity Morgan.  Your presence will be missed.  Please stay in touch...we are you family.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

This is indeed a sad state of affairs.  I am saddened by the loss of your presence here, Sadira and further saddened that people from another faire would have the audacity to criticize our discussion of our faire.  We understood the meaning of your post and the irony that the article conveyed to us.  The person who answered you obviously did not.  The negativity in the article was not yours but the protest about your posting it was a great deal more negative. 

This forum is not owned by anyone connected with either faire and should be a place where we can freely discuss our joys and sorrows without regard to who is going to take action because of that discussion.  If anyone wants to know our opinion, all they have to do is ask.  It is not necessary to spy.  Since we have not been asked, we can only assume that our opinion does not matter.  Therefore, there is no need to "watch the board".

The loss of Sadira and so many others has hurt those of us who remain.  Excuses about what has happened to our sister faire do not serve to ease our pain but only  exacerbate our sorrow.  Please let us commiserate amongst ourselves.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Blushing

Sadira, I also hope you change your mind about leaving ... don't let someone else, some unknown entity, put you off from spending time with your friends (that goes for the boards and whatever real life location).
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

holierthanthou

Sadira,

I as well do not want you to leave.  I just wanted to make sure that those who read your post knew the article was in fact not about Pittsburgh and also a very poor representation of CRF and what happened there.  (I can be overprotective of my home faires.)

The emails I have received have pointed out that there was a "hidden" meaning to your post which I did not catch due to not being a part of the Pittsburgh Family.  I apologize that I misinterpreted your intent. 

As for the "Lord Censorship hamster" or whatever they call themselves... they are not recognized by the Hamster Kingdom.  We do not know if they were just trying to be cute or cause issues.  Either way, we do not condone censorship.  We change the subject... lighten the mood. It is obvious that this person does not understand the hamster way.  Please do not hold the Hamster Kingdom responsible for their actions, whether good or bad.

Please continue dancing, whether it be with your fingertips on the keyboard or your grace at festival. 
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

jayadancer

I will be leaving the forum as well. I wish my PRF fest family a magical and enchanting season.
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

Hey- Arent You?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Lady Celynn

You wonderful and beautiful women will both be missed.  I wish you nothing but love, laughter, happiness and very good fortune.  You both added so much to the faire and your dancing enchanted all who were privileged enough to see it.  Please reconsider leaving this forum...don't let those who don't know you and love you like the rest of us chase you away.  Always remember that will are and will always be your Renn family and we love you!

DuCoeur

It is a shame you are letting a little criticism of you opinion chase you from these boards my dear Sadira.

I remember a few years ago I made similar criticisms of our Faire and its tyranical rule; and yes all of you syncophatic,  mouth breathing, miscreants who monitor these boards for that Coward Paradise can run and tell him I said so...but I digress.  I too caught criticism from the masses. Ironically from some of those that now support you.  I, however, did not run from the boards but stood firm.

And what do those from Colorado know of Pittsburgh.  They do not know the friendship and comeraderie we share here nor the uniquness of this market.

Do what you like little sister, but I am hoping you  stand and face those who would oppress you.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

trevor ylisaari

Tis a sad day when rennies fight :(
I am sorry you feel the need to leave.
I have no clue what was said to you, or if there are other reasons for your leaving. But I do hope you change your mind.
I don't know you personally, but I have read many posts by you on these boards, and generally enjoy them. You will be missed.