News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Entertainment

Started by annarundel, August 30, 2009, 07:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annarundel

Good Morrow to All!

I will be attending the Minnesota Fair for the first time in a couple of weeks and I am anxious to know some of the names of the entertainment I will be able to see.  I keep check the Fair's website and they say "more is coming" but not yet.

Could someone give me an idea of who I might be seeing at the Fair.

I usually attend Fairs on the east coast like Georgia, Tennessee, Carolina, Ohio but have attending many others like Arizona, Texas, Southern Caroliforna (love those Poxy Boggards).  So I am very familar with alot of the entertainers and vendors and would like to know who I might look forward to seeing.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Annarundel

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I emailed you a scanned image of the schedule from last weekend.  Many of the performers you can look up online to what they are about.

All performers are good - I have favorites; Zilch, Tortugas, Puke and Snot, Franko, but really they are all good.  Let me know if you have any specific questions,
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Leyla

What type of shows do you like? We'll be able to give you a better idea if we know what you normally like. :)

annarundel

Thanks so much for your speedy replies.

We usually go for the musical groups...Empty Hats, Lost Boys, The Rogues but we also like the comedy acts like Hey Nunnie Nunnie and the Mud Show (theatre in the Mudd).

I haven't checked my e-mail, but I am going there right now.

I am getting so excited.  We will be spending the Weekend of September 12 and 13 and the following Saturday the 19 before having to fly back to Knoxville.

Right now I am working on finishing up one of my Ren Fest Costumes and trying to decide which one to bring. 

Thanks again for all your help!!!!

Huzzah!

Beaudan Tocks

Two Children Left Behind are one of my Favorites...  They have one show a day... 5pm at the Witchwood Stage.  Improv comedy at it best.   Or just follow the Jester around and laugh at HIS antics...  Especially when he's picking on the peasant in the cage.

"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

Lady_Lily

Music yes?

I say go for Twisting Hay, The Dregs, Whiskey Chase, and 4 Pints Shy. Also I am loving the group Brother Seamus as well!

groomporter

Quote from: annarundel on August 30, 2009, 10:48:19 AM
Thanks so much for your speedy replies.

We usually go for the musical groups...Empty Hats, Lost Boys, The Rogues but we also like the comedy acts like Hey Nunnie Nunnie and the Mud Show (theatre in the Mudd).

Unfortunately, MNRF is a little clueless about keeping a website up to date and with functional links. For local comedy leaning towards Hey Nunnie Nunnie (- a great act BTW -great comedic timing) I would suggest the Wackie Chickens and Zilch the "Torey Steller". Of course, the long term (25 year) icon act of MNRF is "Puke & Snot". The original "Snot" passed away last year but I haven't heard any complaints about the replacement who had been a stand-in for a while before last year's loss of the original.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Mairsy Doates

There are absolutely some incredibly talented acts, one of my personal favorites being Two Children Left Behind (and as Beaudon mentioned, The Jester).  But it is the general facilitation of goodwill from ALL of the individuals at MRF that really makes our visits there memorable.  From before you even enter the gates, until you are bid adieu on the way to your car in the parking lot...every moment is a treasure. ;)
Just remember, wherever you go......there you are.
--Buckaroo Banzai