News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What a Great Opening Weekend!

Started by winterland, August 23, 2009, 09:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcindie

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 24, 2009, 10:45:47 PM
It was delightful to see you, TC.  Oh wait, what's your name now?  It isn't anything as mundane as Will, right?   ;) ;D :-*
Sadly, yes.. still waiting to be dubbed with a nickname by my fellow boothies.  I imagine it'll happen sometime this year.

Goody

Had a super weekend. Was surprised I was as sore as I was. This was my sixth ren fest this summer, afterall. Enjoyed the music and folk dancing for mid east weekend and found that the Boars Head Inn is quite pleasant. OHHH and the company all weekend was FANTASTIC!!

MahlerDevice

Quote from: groomporter on August 23, 2009, 10:24:30 PM
Favorite line of the weekend:
Two our my shop girls accosted the king and when his Majesty asked the Royal Guard why they didn't protect, him one of the closest men replied:
"Our duty is to protect your vitality -not your chastity"

My ego and I thank you.  It's my first year, so I'm still on the hesitant side when it comes to taking the initiative and... well, talking.  That one just popped out.  Your crew have been very encouraging, and just great neighbors in general.

groomporter

Quote from: MahlerDevice on September 02, 2009, 07:28:06 PM
My ego and I thank you.  It's my first year, so I'm still on the hesitant side when it comes to taking the initiative and... well, talking.  That one just popped out.  Your crew have been very encouraging, and just great neighbors in general.

Well it was a great line. I understand the hesitance end, I've done street at MNRF and realize I'm a better historian than I am an actor. We've had a long history of teasing with the guard back and forth over the year and "the girls upstairs" have fun picking on the newbies.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DeadBishop

R/F.com member since 2003