News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FaerieCon 2009?

Started by analise, August 31, 2009, 10:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analise

So, FaerieCon this year is going to be held in lovely Hunt Valley, MD on November 6-8. Charles de Lint and Charles Vess are to be the guests of honor and there are going to be two masquerade balls and lots of vendors and, oh, all sorts of things.

This is my first time going, but I'm pretty excited about the whole thing as I have friends I haven't seen in years who are flying in to go, too! :)

I've even put together a new faerie costume just for the occasion. :D

So, who else is thinking about going?

appljx

Oh...it's soooo close!  Maybe I can rent a car to make it up there....either that or I better have ALOT of faery dust on hand  ;D

Here's hoping! 

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

We are thinking about going,we too have friends going and I have never been either.Sounds interesting!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

renfairephotog

I'd love to be able to go. I have to find a way to make it some year.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

analise

Guess I'll just have to come back with a con-report. :D

Jinglebum

...There's a faerie con? There's... a FAERIE con?!
OMFG I HAVE GOT TO FIND A WAY OUT THERE! Probably won't be able to this year, but... this is the most amazing thing I've heard of all day! My day just turned awesome. :D LOL
Oh... Shiny!

analise

Quote from: dobbydog on September 02, 2009, 03:36:02 PM
...There's a faerie con? There's... a FAERIE con?!
OMFG I HAVE GOT TO FIND A WAY OUT THERE! Probably won't be able to this year, but... this is the most amazing thing I've heard of all day! My day just turned awesome. :D LOL

Yep, it was started as an East Coast companion (I guess that's the term) to FaerieWorlds which is held out on the West Coast (was in Oregon this year). :)

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

analise

Getting excited. Just over a week!

LadyRavenwolves

We are going!!!  I'm excited too... and shocked I have to keep reminding myself Halloween is first so we need to decorate!  lol.

See you there! 

Oh - we have tickets/room there for Friday night.  We will be at the Good Faeries Ball and the Con on Saturday.

analise

Quote from: LadyRavenwolves on October 29, 2009, 06:21:05 AM
We are going!!!  I'm excited too... and shocked I have to keep reminding myself Halloween is first so we need to decorate!  lol.

See you there! 

Oh - we have tickets/room there for Friday night.  We will be at the Good Faeries Ball and the Con on Saturday.

Awesome! I've got a ticket for the whole weekend/both balls and am staying in a room with friends. Should be pretty awesome. :) Is the whole Clan Ravenwolves coming?

LadyRavenwolves

Quote from: analise on October 29, 2009, 12:13:12 PM
Awesome! I've got a ticket for the whole weekend/both balls and am staying in a room with friends. Should be pretty awesome. :) Is the whole Clan Ravenwolves coming?

Everybody but Fenris.

analise

Eee! Tomorrow!

Hope to see you guys there!

(and btw, just a note: I ran across a bunch of really nice pictures of Midnight on flickr from when she was a bubble fairy)

analise

Just a notice:

Everybody who DIDN'T go to FaerieCon totally missed out.

dbaldock

Quote from: analise on November 10, 2009, 10:46:03 PM
Just a notice:

Everybody who DIDN'T go to FaerieCon totally missed out.

It probably would have been pretty crowded if everybody had shown up ...   :o  ;)  ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous