News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FaerieCon 2009?

Started by analise, August 31, 2009, 10:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyRavenwolves

We enjoyed the Con soooo much.  It was so great to see our friends and look at the wonderful exhibits.

My only complaint was that my bank account and the pricing didn't match up.  I found it a bit dear on the prices for some things... but gorgeous items nontheless.

It was great seeing you there Annalise and we will be going back next year.  (what is your opinion of the family firendliness of the Bad Ferie Ball?)

Did you know they have the same hotel for next year??  See you there!  ;)

analise

I didn't buy a ton of stuff, myself and one thing I'm semi-regretting (and suddenly angsting about where I packed it as I can't remember. Ohcrap) but it was a pretty top I can wear with my usual green/blue garb and have something "different".

A friend of mine bought wings at that one booth right as you come in to the convention space (next to the guy who was doing elf ears for people). They were only like $85 and gorgeous. Most of their wings were closer to $200 but the set she found were on sale because they were last year's design. They went perfectly with her outfit for the good faeries' ball. :)

The only thing I wish I had bought was some of the stuff from the lady with the olive oils (though it also gave me the idea I could try to make my own infused oils and give as a part of gift baskets for Christmas. I'm cheap this year.)

Uh, anyway, bad faerie's ball...I didn't feel it was family unfriendly. I didn't see anyone in too risque of garb and no naughty words came out of the performers' mouths (unless Faun was saying so in German :) ). I guess those with smaller 'uns might take care since the costumes are noticeably darker (and we had Toby Froud wandering around on stilts in an awesomely creepy plague doctor get up that you've probably seen pics of online places). Generally, I felt like the balls were pretty similar, save for the way people dressed at them.

My only thing I might complain about the balls was the length of time it took to change over from one band to another. I realize they have to setup for these things and that's not really the complaint, but there's a lot of dead time there to fill and as amazing as Mark Lewis is with his storytelling, I don't think that was really enough to fill the gap. Especially since by that point we'd heard several of his jokes (and the question "what's the difference between a good faerie and a bad faerie?") many times that weekend. It would have been cool (if possible) if they'd had maybe some sort of short skit/act thing or a video played on the other end of the ballroom to direct attention away from the stage.

I don't know...I was a bit grumpy at that point waiting anyway since I was standing around in 5" stripper heels and wishing the music (Faun) would start.

LadyRavenwolves

Quote from: analise on November 12, 2009, 01:14:15 PM
... bad faerie's ball...I didn't feel it was family unfriendly....
My only thing I might complain about the balls was the length of time it took to change over from one band to another. ...
I don't know...I was a bit grumpy at that point waiting anyway since I was standing around in 5" stripper heels and wishing the music (Faun) would start.

As you know the Clan I am sure your opinion of family Unfriendly goes along with ours so BAD FAERIE BAll next year!

I had the same thoughts about the Good Faerie Ball - the switching took a LONG time and maybe some chairs at the back wouldn't be a bad thing?  I am writing a note to the organizers about it.  I like the idea of something going on at the back of the room to draw the attention away. 

HOLY COW - 5" stripper heals.  Go Annalise!  lol!

Do you have any contact info for the mask vendor of your mask you wear on your hat?  He was the one in the corner on the outside of downstairs, right?  I really, really wanted a tan/gold leaf mask he had but it was gone when I came back to purchase.  It was fantastic with curling eyelashes and a lot of detail.  Really looked good on me too.

analise

Oh yeah, and chairs! We ended up sitting on the floor on Bad Faeries' night at one point. There was definitely enough room in the back to at least do chairs along the walls.

The stripper heels did NOT stay on all night. I got fed up and took them off at some point. :)

And yes, that was the same mask guy, here's his website: http://wingandtalonleatherworks.com/

LadyRavenwolves

Thanks for the link Analise.  :-*

And guess what?  Cravan looked up the Faerieworlds Con in Oregon.  We may go!  HOLY COW!  It's in January.  Wanna hang with the Clan? :o