News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harp and Fiddle

Started by Terry Griffith, May 22, 2008, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

Hi, Friends,

A rare occasion is happening on June 6.  As you may know, The Harp and Fiddle will once again curtail music on Thursdays for the summer.  That puts a serious crimp in our gatherings there as I usually get one Thursday a month there.  I'll be there on a Friday for a change on June 6.  Remember, I start at 9 on Fridays and play until 1 AM.

I hope you all can arrange schedules and busy lives to come in and have revisit a bit of faire for the evening.  I might even wear me new top hat.

Lady Guinness and Scotsman, here's your chance to join us for an evening if the horse and cart can make the trip.  We'd love to see you.

Slainte.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Guinness

Terry, Thanks for posting this. I would love to come up and spend time with all of your guys. It sounds like it would be a wonderful time. Now I just need to work on Scotsman to get him there. Damn, I just remembered what is going on that weekend. My son graduates on the 4th and his party is that weekend. So we can not come up there. :( Please let me know the next time.

Professor M

Lady G, last year my son had his graduation party on Fairie Fest weekend.  How inconsiderate of these kids, eh?   :-\
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Lady Guinness on May 22, 2008, 06:48:20 PM
Damn, I just remembered what is going on that weekend. My son graduates on the 4th and his party is that weekend. So we can not come up there. :( Please let me know the next time.

Fear not, dear Lady.  There will be other times.  We shall hoist a pint to our absent friends. 

DuCoeur

This will be a great way to recover from my first week back to work after Vacation.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lady Alchemy

This is a wonderful way to celebrate my 3 month vacation!  I LOVE being a teacher :D I really hope we can make it!  Kilted One is the controlling factor, I can't wait until he is done and we can have more of a set schedule. 
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

DuCoeur

I hope we can all make it.  And maybe we can get one table??

Not that I mind making rounds, but that way we seem ...more united and less clicque-ish.

We are, after all, one big happy family.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Terry Griffith

Quote from: DuCoeur on May 26, 2008, 02:01:11 PM
I hope we can all make it.  And maybe we can get one table??

Not that I mind making rounds, but that way we seem ...more united and less clicque-ish.

We are, after all, one big happy family.
Not a problem, DuCoeur.  I can reserve a table for 20 and then add tables if there are more.  Friday nights get a bigger audience than Thursdays but I will see to it that everybody it accommodated.

DuCoeur

Thanks Terry...You rock!!

Damn, you are right down the street this weekend and I will be at VARF...

oh well see you on the 6th

Terry Griffith

Ok, who's coming so I know how big a table to reserve?

GypsyWriter

Quote from: Terry Griffith on June 01, 2008, 10:39:58 PM

Terry, I just confirmed with my friend Chuck--we are going to be there this Friday night.  Reserve a spot for us.  Can't wait!
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Lady Guinness

I will be there in spirit~ maybe just a pretend seat in the corner for me ;D

Terry Griffith

Quote from: GypsyWriter on June 02, 2008, 11:46:39 AM

Terry, I just confirmed with my friend Chuck--we are going to be there this Friday night.  Reserve a spot for us.  Can't wait!

GypsyWriter you and Chuck shall be most welcom.  I'm looking forward to thanking you in person for my CD review. 

Lady Guinness, you will be missed but we shall raise a pint (at least) in your honor.

Professor M

The "M" family will be there.  Four seats, please.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

mumsies

Mumsies and the Mr. have plans to be there, save room for us!