News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harp and Fiddle

Started by Terry Griffith, May 22, 2008, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morwyn

Hey Terry - we will be there - put us down for 4! (for those of you at FF last year, Sorcha will be joining us along with a newbie..Lady Tempest!)

DuCoeur

I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

kilted one

We will unfortunately be unable to make it to the festivities due to "wonderful" hotel business, but that time is coming to a close soon and we look forward to being able to see everyone more frequently.  We do so miss our friends.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Professor M

Wait a second!  What happened to this:

Quote from: Lady Alchemy on May 25, 2008, 08:36:11 AM
This is a wonderful way to celebrate my 3 month vacation!  I LOVE being a teacher :D I really hope we can make it!  Kilted One is the controlling factor, I can't wait until he is done and we can have more of a set schedule. 

You are cramping her style, man!   :D

Ah well, such is fate.  I'm sure we'll see you both again very soon.  It's never soon enough for me.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Alchemy

Thanks Professor M!  Anybody heading to Pittsburgh from the East?  Irwin, Greensburg, Delmont?  We could carpool.  I HATE driving to Pittsburgh... I hate driving period.  Long for the days of horses or brooms...or walking.  If walking to Pittsburgh I guess I better start going now. ;D
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

mumsies

Terry, can you add another two for the Mumsies party, Rick and Amy would like to join us for the party! See you soon!

Terry Griffith

I count close to 20.  This will be an exceptional evening.  They all are but I can't wait to see everybody.  Please excuse me if I don't acknowledge each reply but each and every one will add to the evening.

I have a table reserved for 20.  The only glitch is that a group over 8 gets one check.  We can avoid confusion by paying as you go or just keep track.  Ha.  Keep track?  Like that's going to happen.  Just don't leave the last person with a big check.

See you all on Friday.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Scarlett

Terry - thanks for another fun night of great music!  It was great seeing everyone last night, as always.  Faire season is just around the corner folks! 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

GypsyWriter

I'm glad I finally made it to the Harp & Fiddle.  Terry, I enjoyed the show--and it was WONDERFUL to see everyone.  I can hardly wait for the season to officially open with the Fairy Fest!
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Lady Celynn

Terry, thanks for a fun filled evening.  We're looking forward to your next show.

DuCoeur

Terry,
a great performance as per usual.

Was so good to see everyone. 
Gypsywriter, it was amazing to see you. Thanks for making the trip.  And you look amazing.  Keep up the great work.

Till the next time.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Terry Griffith

Some performers have fans.  I'm lucky enough to have friends who like my music and partyng with each other.  What could be better?  Thank you all for making my evening special.  I love watching everyone having a great time.  It's almost as good as being at a table and partaking of the merriment except I get paid.  Just as much fun is watching the other patrons react to the Rennie group when we clink glasses during "Health to the Company" and sing along to songs they don't usually hear. 

There is always so much love in the room when you all are there.  I wish I could bring you all to every gig but then it might get old and I'd have to learn new songs.

See you all soon.

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on June 08, 2008, 12:49:36 PM
I wish I could bring you all to every gig but then it might get old and I'd have to learn new songs.
And:  You'd need a bigger van.

Seriously, it is wonderful to get together with friends and sing a few songs.  Those who haven't tried it can't understand the fun they're missing.  The comaraderie just fills the room.  There's nothing better than a night out with friends.

I wish I could have spent more time talking to each of you, but the minutes turn to hours and the evening passes too quickly.  But I value every moment, and I can't wait until our paths cross again.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

GypsyWriter

Very lovely sentiment, Terry.  I was so happy to be included!

DuCouer--as always--you are positively charming.  And I know someone who can't wait to see your new garb....
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Terry Griffith

Another rennie night at the Harp and Fiddle is brewing for Saturday night, July 26.  Anyone still in town?

I'll be there as usual from 9:00 to 1:00.  I've picked up a few new tunes and a few old tunes as well.  Come in for one more night before the PRF run starts.