News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's up with Ravenswood Leather?

Started by Sullivans Bastard, August 31, 2009, 07:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sullivans Bastard

I've been trying to reach them by phone and email repeatedly to ask a couple of questions about their products before I place an order.  I'm getting no replies.  I did a quick search on the forums and see several recommendations and also a couple of cases where others got no response to phone calls or email.

Is there some secret to getting in touch with them?  I really like the design of their stuff, but I'm getting frustrated and am about to take my money elsewhere.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

That's strange... i've had no problem with their service.  ???
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Harbinger

I wonder if its just that time of the year (shows and faire's everywhere)?
I have had vendors it's taken more than a week to get a response
from, I've just been chalking it up to the busy season.

when I ordered my baldric
back in june, I did communicate with them via email, it seemed like
a two day lag time, I was however very happy with the purchase.

-h
Bénigne Dauvergne Saint de Mars
Private First Class, Texas Musketeers
Rex Dolor, Malleus De Deus

Bonny Pearl

It could very well be that they are in the process of preparing for TRF which starts in October.  Perhaps give them a little time to get settled and geared back up.  :)  I have ordered from them online and purchased from their shop in faire.  They are very attentive and great to work with.  Don't give up just yet!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Chris B

I just got off the phone with them literally 5 minutes ago.  I usually have to call multiple times in a day to catch them, but I put in a large order at the beginning of Summer and got all my items except the boots I ordered within about a month's time.  I have been happy with them overall.

Sullivans Bastard

I appreciate all the answers form everyone, but I have moved on and placed Ravenswood on my "don't bother with" list.  I placed an order this morning with a seller recommended by someone on the SBG forum.  That seller has already replied, answered my questions, and received my payment.  They promised to ship within two days by Priority mail.  Nuttin like good service!  ;D

FWIW:  I took some advice and went with a rapier baldric as being more "period" with my sword.