News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fall Renstock-are we interested?

Started by mumsies, August 26, 2009, 07:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Since my name was quoted in this I feel I have to clarify a bit.

This is not a case of employees versus playtrons.  I suppose, technically, the first Renstock involved NEITHER, since there was no faire. Yes, Bonnie is a playtron, but at the time her daughter, son-in-law, and a dozen or so of their friends were working the faire.  Stage performers flew in from out of town just to attend.  It was, without a doubt, a different situation, because we had no faire.  THANK GOODNESS that has changed.  Thank goodness we have a faire once again.

Another change in the dynamic is the fact that so few Pittsburghers actually work at the faire any more.  Many of the stage acts from the area aren't back, and the cast is hugely reduced (over 50%).  Many of the former cast were also college students who have moved away, or at least moved on with their lives.  So now the event is mostly attended by playtrons, if only for the fact that all of you are still here and many of us are not.  There's nothing heartbreaking about the word "minority."  It just means there aren't as many of us working at the faire as there are fans of the faire.  From where I stand, that's a good thing.  We should have more fans than employees, right?

Bonnie is quite right, no matter what day she picks it will be impossible for someone to make it.  During the week may leave out the folks who work 8-5.  During the weekend may leave out those of us who work 9-7.

I think I'm echoing Terry's point when I say, choose the date that suits the most number of people, because you can never accommodate us all.  I will try my best to be there, but I can't promise anything.  I think you can accept that, right?  
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

arbcoind

First off...Thank you Bonnie for the invitation to fall Renstock.  Having only been to the last winter Renstock, I am unfamiliar with where your farm is.  Could you post that information here for all of us newbies?  I can then decide if I can attend. 

Gina

Mistress Charlotte

Bonnie,  Thank you for your gracious invitation to Renstock.  I am in great hopes to attend this year as I missed last years. 
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

kilted one

As always, we will do our best to get there as well.  Thank you.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

mumsies

I am hoping this date is going to work for as many as possible. For those who may not be able to make it, keep in mind the Winter Renstock, which is already booked for February 27, 2010 at the Environmental Center again this year. That's plenty of notice to get that written in your schedule.

I will start a separate thread for the details and "guest list" to avoid confusion. Let's get the party started.