News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Because it's looking a little bare in here... let's get the Finished Projects thread going again!

This is a modest start, but I've made a linen pocket for my 18th Century Ensemble:

Now... show off that garb you've been making!

mellingera

Here is the dress I made for my sister-in-law (blue) and the one i made for my best friend (green/gold) Obviously there are 2 upper sleeves, I took the pic that way to show her with and without versions. Sheesh, I'm not that weird  ::)

LaurenLee

OK... Here is my finished silver Elizabethan (only the hem remains to be done).  It's my first sewing trip outside of the 19th century, and I loved making it (loved wearing it for the photos, too!)

Mythrin

A fairy costume designed by the young lady who will wear it.  The bodice laces closed in the front on the girl, just not the dress form. The wings will slip into a prepared pocket between lining and a fairy bodice.  The blue one is side lacing.
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

Jean Pierre Dewell

Bonjour Mesdames!!
Those dress are so beautiful well done indeed! and I know you all look wonderful in them also!!!.
Jean Pierre Dewell
Royal Musketeer
All for One and One for All!!
LONG LIVE THE MUSKETEERS!!

Mistress Anne

Really lovely gowns!

Mellingera, did you use a commercial pattern for the gowns?

gem

Woo-hoo!  I've finished my 18th C. undies:

Yes, I know my underpetticoat is inside out.  :P  I made everything but the stays and clocked stockings (and the shoes, of course, which aren't period but which I love anyway).  The shift, which you can barely see any of, is the one I've been hand-sewing since February.

Next time, I would lop about two inches off the length of the pocket, because I can't easily reach to the bottom of it.  The things you learn by wearing your stuff! :D

Lady L

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

DonaCatalina

Sorry for the long post....I figured better to get it over with.
On the left is the oldest dress that's still wearable.

Not quite as old

I think this is from 2005

Don Juan....

Don Juan new for 2007

Don Juan wearing Mr Pearly

Project for a friend....she had a thing about pink.

My new gown from 2007

Dress I made for the Baroness

Black velvet dress for me

Black velvet Italian

Another Italian

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

tigrlily64

Those are all beautiful, Dona Catalina!

sealion

Here's the dress for my daughter that started the sewing addiction:

Then I made this one for myself:

and recently added trim and different sleeves:

Here is the Eleonora inspired gown (still need to make the woven and pearled partlet):

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Aelwyn

Wow, look at all the talent in here!  Everything is GORGEOUS!   :o :o

Here is my first project: A Tunic!  I made it with 100% cotton gauze fabric, and trimmed the sleeves with wool tartan to match the kilt.  I didn't use a pattern, just adjusting as I sewed (only had to rip it apart once).

Full shot:

Close up of the tartan trim:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

mellingera

Quote from: Mistress Anne on May 09, 2008, 10:46:59 PM
Really lovely gowns!

Mellingera, did you use a commercial pattern for the gowns?

Mistress Anne, Yes and sort of. I don't want to hijack the thread with a long winded explanation, you can find details on both here...  http://ladyselwyn.renspace.com

Fabulous work everyone!!! I am in awe, as usual  ;)

FaireMare

NOTE:

PLEASE Please Please keep the posts to Ren Related outfits only! 

As Soon as i have the orriginal guidelines for posting back in order, they will be posted on each thread.

In the Old Castle, the general rule of thumb on Projects Past and Present was:

1.  Post only a couple photos of the item.  Get a Dress Diary if you wish to post more information and include the link.
2.  ONLY post Ren Related Items.  On occassion acceptions will be made, but you need to get permission to post them.  All other items will be deemed Plague and removed.
3. Dont get into discussions about patterns, fabrics, techniques.  Ren Mail the poster for that info.   Again.... plague.

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter and in helping the transition to the new castle.

Thank you.

DonaCatalina

This is the one I finished just before Scarborough opened. I still needs some tweaking I think.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess