News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: FaireMare on May 13, 2008, 03:25:52 AM
NOTE:
3. Dont get into discussions about patterns, fabrics, techniques.  Ren Mail the poster for that info.   Again.... plague.

Just a quick question: would it be okay if a new topic was created if someone wanted to discuss these things? That way more people could benefit, and the poster would not have to renmail a bunch of people separately....

{moderator}  By all means, yes....  this thread is to showcase work. If you find there a specific quesion on Fabrics, patterns, etc... feel free to start a thread or check the existing ones to see if there is something like it already.  {/moderator}

flidais

I have a dress diary type thing going.  It's still pretty new and isn't very exciting at the moment.  But has some garb pics.

http://www.freewebs.com/flidais/

Baroness Doune

My gallery of completed projects, completed diaries and diaries of projects in progress, and list of planned projects are all located on my website:
Karen's Sewing Korner:  The Costuming Obsession

Lady Rosalind

Here is a link to my online dress diary. Nothing ren yet, but I have photos of my latest noble projects, just need to get things written up... http://clumsyseamstress.wordpress.com/

Lady L

Here are a few of my finished sewing projects. These are from 2007 and early 2008.

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

operafantomet

The stuff I have actually finished (click on photos to get them larger):

More info about the various garbs can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/pisslei/galleries.html  :)

Sealion, that Florentine dress really suited the trims and sleeves you added. And Dona Catalina: wow, what a selection of lovely dresses!

Lady Rosalind

Operafan: I just love the fifth and sixth gowns!!!

Kate XXXXXX

operafantomet

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on May 14, 2008, 08:57:00 AM
Operafan: I just love the fifth and sixth gowns!!!
Thank you! The fifth is my personal favourite. I love Florentine fashion (1480-1560), and I worked so hard on that pink dress. It was the first "serious" Renaissance costume I made, though it has been altered three times since 1997. But I'm also in love with the fabric used for the sixth dress, and I'm a major fan of Venetian fashion as well (1535-1600).

Syrilla

Wow I go away for a bit of time and look what happens.   Wonderful Job, everyone.  Such talent!

FaireMare

Lets keep this thread focused on finished gowns.

Thank you.

Lady L

Sorry, I didn't know garb for guys wasn't allowed.

{moderator} Let me correct myself, I just looked at a ton of gowns and mispoke... GARB is what I meant to say. Mens, children's, Elfin, etc... its all welcome here as long as it is RenFaire Wear. {/moderator}
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Blushing

So much fantastic talent in here!

This is the Italian gown I made with an amazing amount of help from a friend.  She did a lot more than expected - because I kept getting tied up at work!  I'll be making a new chemise (cotton and not poly!) for faires - she just used material on hand to make on for a holiday dinner event.

~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

CaraGreenleaf

Well, just before our old home got hacked, I had posted that I was starting work on a blue velvet Irish Overdress. Well, it is done, and here are the pictures!

(Thanks again to Lady Catherine Darkwind for the velvet!!)

Also, here are a couple shots of the rust colored noble's gown that I made for Castleteer, since all of those photos got eaten as well!

Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

sealion

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin