News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellingera

I have finally finished the trimming of my own dress for this season... I ended up making 2 different underskirts for it (plaid and yellow) so, huzzah, 2 gowns in 1!

I put up the third one because you can see the front of the dress a little better, the pictures are a little dark...

And here is the pillbox hat I finished over the weekend for my sister-in-law to go with the dress I posted hear earlier...

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

They are GREAT. You did a fantastic job.I love the pill hat. :)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

silverstah

Mellingera -

Your dress is lovely!  I especially like the trim. :)
Catarina Caravello - Mistress of the Bobbins
\"Arrrgh.  Feed Dogs.  Arrrgh.\"  -The Pirate, sewing

LadyElizabeth

So this isn't technically a "new" finished project, but it's a "redone" finished project. I had this red/ivory outfit which I felt needed another color.

I racked my brain and came up with black.  I also felt the front of the bodice was a little bland, so I decided to bead a tudor rose.  I first beaded the black velvet and then attached the black velvet section to the bodice.  I also beaded the overskirt all over with black onyx and beaded the trim with black onyx between the white pearls.  I added black trim on the overskirt and underskirt.  THe outcome is exactly what I wanted, but I am going to add another fat black trim to the overskirt (nothing is ever complete!!)

Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Valencia

Lady E, that is absolutely spectacular.

Aelwyn

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

Mythrin

This is my second bodice for the St Louis Green Lady.  These have been fun commissions.  She gives me rough idea of what she wants it to ultimately look like and then says "make me beautiful".  Last year it was very tree like with overlapping fabric leaves. This year she wanted to look like she just stood up from a forest floor with more muted colors and she wanted monks cloth in it.  I give it to her tomorrow, I hope she likes it.

Front of Bodice

Back of Bodice with a shawl collar

Detail of back. 

It has scrapes of embroidered organza, fabric, leather, feathers, beads, buttons, yarn, raw wool roving, and thing else I could think of to sew on it.  This is "sucker" is hand wash only.
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

Lady Ann of Draycott

That's beautiful and very unique! I'm sure she will love it! I know I would!  ;D
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

jaunvie

My Wedding

I didn't make the one on the very right, or the light and dark blue one on the right.

Some more pics of my wedding gown (not great ones, but the photographers pics are not back yet)

This is the concept drawing for my dress

I made my circlet and earings too.

I made all the girls cloaks, but hers I made for her wedding 2 years ago. I made the groomsmens outfits too.

Well probably too many pics so that's all for now.   ;D

Master James

Well here are m'lady and I in our new nobles garb.

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Mythrin

Jaunvie

Lovely wedding party - your dress is particularly unique.  You must have been a very busy woman sewing most of the wedding party's clothing and the normal planning! I am impressed. I am about ready to embark on a similar project for my daughter's wedding - however she is going with Regency as her time period

Master James

To quote a previous poster - "looken good!".
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

silverstah

Absolutely lovely, MasterJames!
Catarina Caravello - Mistress of the Bobbins
\"Arrrgh.  Feed Dogs.  Arrrgh.\"  -The Pirate, sewing

Master James

Thank you all very much.  My wife worked hard on these.  Its too bad I couldn't post up the full size picture so that you could see the amazing bead work on my wife's forepart and the fact that there are gold filigre in the center of each of the squares on my doublet.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51