News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I have a Janome Memory Craft 4900 that I bought brand new in 2006, isabella. There zre so many different decorative stitches, I like to combine 2 to make a trim design for shirts and chemises. I like to play around with colors like a color for the top thread like a red or gold embroidery thread and a black bobbin.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

isabelladangelo

My latest!

It came out more Florentine than Venetian but, eh, whatever.  It fits!  I've  updated the pattern now for a more Venetian fit.  The dress is out of that Joann's linen/rayon blend because I fell in love with the color.  The trim is a wool trim in dark purple and blue.  I might make pink sleeves just to make it ultra girly. 

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Very lovely, Isabella.

Now that you have oodles of garb to wear, do you actually wear mundanes? Just had to ask.  ;)

isabelladangelo

Lol!  Yes!   I'm actually wearing jeans, a thermal, and a short sleeved jacket right now....and working on a summer dress for Church tomorrow.  ;-)

I *think* I almost have enough garb for Pennsic this year.  Two weeks of living medievally and my need for a new outfit everyday means I need way too many dresses.  Thank goodness a bunch of them can live out in the trailer or I'd never find room in the house.

The Wee Wench

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on March 22, 2015, 07:43:16 PM

Me wearing my new Elizabethan gown at our Minnesota Renaissance Festival Friends 2015 Spring Feast.

With my friend, Dr. Deb Suppes in her newly made Tudor gown from the Andrea Shewe Simplicity pattern. Deb did an awesome job and pictures does not do her gown justice.

Absolutely stunning, Lady Kathleen!  I love everything about this.
-Nicki-

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: isabelladangelo on May 23, 2015, 11:40:20 AM
Lol!  Yes!   I'm actually wearing jeans, a thermal, and a short sleeved jacket right now....and working on a summer dress for Church tomorrow.  ;-)

I *think* I almost have enough garb for Pennsic this year.  Two weeks of living medievally and my need for a new outfit everyday means I need way too many dresses.  Thank goodness a bunch of them can live out in the trailer or I'd never find room in the house.

Goodness!  I'm not even sure that medieval Royalty wore a new outfit everyday!  ;)  heheh 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Thank you for the kind words, Wee Wench.

This gown ensemble took me 90 hours in all with the hand sewing of the 6mm pearl clusters, pleating of the overskirt, etc. The Bodice and sleeves were hand drafted. I used no commercial pattern.

The Italian Bonnet is a circle for the brim and crown with a heavy Buckram for the brim. The Chemise is a  pattern that I also drafted. Except for the jewelry, everything I am wearing, I made. Even the Corset, Farthingale, and Bloomers.

isabelladangelo

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 27, 2015, 01:16:07 AM

Goodness!  I'm not even sure that medieval Royalty wore a new outfit everyday!  ;)  heheh

:-D  They didn't.   However, Royalty got to ride around in nice covered wagons or in a litter.  I don't.   The dust and mud at Pennsic is legendary.  I prefer my modern showers (I have a shower tent) and clean clothing.   

Rani Zemirah

I absolutely cannot blame you. there!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Dinobabe

My husband and son's new outfits.  Never got a good shot of the front!  lol
P.S. Kilts make for easy diaper changes.

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Huzzah, Dinobabe. Well done.

I am now in the throes of Wedding and Renaissance Seasons. Between alterations of Bridesmaids' dresses, as wedding gown, I managed to get made a Linen Chemise and Farthingale for clients in Colorado and Tennessee. Next up, Paned Slops to match a Doublet made by the Wee Wench for a Client in New York.

A Farthingale for a Tall Queen of a new Tenneessee Festival.
$95 plus $10 Shipping

100% Linen Chemise that goes below the knees. Decorative stitching on the box pleated ruff, wrist band, Sleeve center, and around the neckline.
$100 plus $12 shipping. Client in Colorado was estatic when she took it out of the shipping box.

Dinobabe

A HUGE thank you to Lady Kathleen for making our custom hoop!  We can't wait to get it.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Paned Slops are now finished and will be shipping lout on Thursday to Upstate New York.

Orphena

Everyone's projects look so nice!

I have Medieval Education days this week, and put together a few new items...

A friend of mine at work used this faux fur. Shawl at her wedding...I gave it a little transformation! It's a little out of Period for Eleanor of Aquitaine, but I may also use it for my Elizabeth the first gig next weekend, and I wanted to be obvious as queen to the school kids!

And I needed a new girdle as well!

Neckline detail

Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

isabelladangelo