News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isabelladangelo

It won't fit on the dress dummy because the dress dummy doesn't have arms.  The straps are meant to be off the shoulder.   

Orphena

Here is my creation, otherwise known as "can I get the trim on straight?"

Sleeves and forepart are reversible.

Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Wonderful work Isaballa and Orphena. Standout ensembles.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Irma

Orphena - I love that shade of green.  Good job.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I had the pleasure to meet Lady Orphena and see her in her awesomely made gown. Pictures do not do it justice. She and I are in Kenosha, Wisconsin for the opening weekend lf the Bristol  Renaissance Festival with pur respective spouses.

isabelladangelo

Very cool to know, Lady Kathleen.  I figured the color was a bit washed out for Orphena's dress but I'm glad to hear how lovely it is in person.

Thank you for your compliments on my dresses as well.  I have much better pictures now up on my blog, http://isabelladangelo.blogspot.com   

isabelladangelo

My Dutch cloak for cooler temps.  The cloak is out of 100% wool and lined in silk. 

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Beautiful, Isabella. The color of the wool and trims work well.

isabelladangelo

Thank you, Lady Kathleen!   I'm really happy with it.  Just one more dress to go!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lady Orphena in her amazing Gown with the reversible Forepart and Sleeves.

Detail of the Blue forepart

The Orange Forepart and Sleeves made for a striking contrast that just popped out from nowhere. The standup ruff adds a Royal touch to this gown as well.

Orphena

Thanks for capturing those photo's Lady Kathleen! Great shots!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Dinobabe

I'm so glad to see another orange, green, blue color combo!!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Rani Zemirah

Orphena, that green-and-orange combination is stunning... I absolutely adore it!!!  Is that dupioni?  Both the orange AND the blue sleeve combinations work really well, also, and the whimsy of the peacock forepart is so much fun!  I can imagine that reversing it is rough on those feathers, though... 

Isabella, I hope we're going to get to see your full Pennsic wardrobe in some action shots when you get back from the Wars!  I know we've been getting peeks here and there, but it's so much fun seeing everything being worn... especially if you're involved in an activity that is likely to show it off to advantage!  :)  That red wool is lovely, btw. 

I was just looking at the projected weather for Pennsic, and is does show the mid to upper 50's for several nights.  Those temperatures sound absolutely lovely to me, and (for my personal preference, anyway) wouldn't call for anything more than a light to medium weight cloak at the most, especially over more than one layer... but I'm very well insulated, and cool temps agree with me so much more than warm.  I do really like cool weather camping, though.  I've spent a few long All Hallows or Celtic Christmas (Thanksgiving) weekends down in TX at TRF when it has been down in the low 30's a few times, and even once when it bottomed out at 29*!  THAT was a chilly weekend, and we were very thankful for the wool socks and the HotHands tucked into them, our mittens and in between the covers before bedtime!  But it's lovely to stroll around the campgrounds with the mist swirling around so that visibility is just low enough to add a little mystery, and the smell of wood smoke everywhere you turn... and revelry.  (sigh)  I could go on... but I'll just say that it's been far too long since we've had any garbed camping, and I miss it.  A great deal.  We would both really like to experience Pennsic, someday. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

isabelladangelo

If you ever do make it to Pennsic, I'll take you over to the Pirate ship.  :-)

Even though I'm hardly lacking in insulation, I freeze at the drop of a hat.  We've actually had ice and even snow at Pennsic before (I've seen the ice, never the snow) which is why I come prepared.  I remember breaking the thin layer of ice on the fire bucket one year.  Not something you expect in August!   

I will try to get some better pictures.  With the trailer.  That happens to be a blue box.  And is bigger on the inside.  Which is how I fit all my garb inside.  Got it from a funny man with a British accent...

Rani Zemirah

And they let you keep it in the campgrounds?!?  :o  I've just been reading some of the "rules", and it says "You can keep a trailer in your encampment for storage or living space, but it must be disguised to look period."  I'm guessing that's not the period they were referring to.  LOL  It sounds like they may not be quite as strict as a lot of folks would have everyone believe, then? 

I could definitely use one of those, though... or at least a magical bag of holding, that also happens to be bigger on the inside.  ;) 

But the ice and snow in August just sounds, well... unreal.  Or heavenly!  Of course, I've seen snow at noon on July 4th, but that was in the Rocky Mountains, and while it's not extremely common, it's also not so uncommon as to be remarkable, either.  I would also go prepared, though!  Of course, I'll jump at any chance to break out the cool weather garb, since it hardly ever gets to be seen in public... so I might even discretely remove an under layer or two if it meant I'd be able to wear some of my warmer things!  I don't really know why I have them... except that I love them so, and I keep hoping we'll eventually have somewhere to wear them.

I can't wait to see your photos!  Will you be staying for both weeks?  I'm guessing the group you camp with is fairly large, since you have so many local events that you attend.  Do they (and you) do any sort of crafting/weapons/artisan type demonstrations, or anything like that, for the public to attend? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede