News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how beautiful, Gem!  Wonderful job on the hat, caul and sleeves, and the gown looks perfect with your mauve/burgundy kirtle!  I love how you've put it all together... and I like all of the variations in your dress diary, as well, but this one is my favorite, by far!  Well done! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Huzzah gem. Well done. The color combination works divinely. Your best piece to date.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Overgown is ready to go to the Shoe Repair tomorrow for grommets. Rather than knife pleat the skirt, I did 3 rows of gathering stitch that worked out nicely in getting a tight gather.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

GORGEOUS and well done. Perfect fabric for this.

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: silverstah on December 05, 2015, 12:09:35 PM
Going through my photos from the past year.... I designed a production of Macbeth and made about a million (okay, more like 40-45) tunics and dresses this summer.  Going through the photos now for my portfolio - this is my favorite photo of our Macbeth and Lady Macbeth:

Beautiful!

DressArtMystery

Quote from: silverstah on December 01, 2015, 09:04:44 PM

Late 16th/Early 17th c. women's silk embroidered jacket.  I was lucky enough to find this fabric a million years ago in the garment district, and had just enough to do the jacket.  The embroidery on the gores/seams is done by hand. 

Silk embroidered shell pad-stitched to horsehair canvas interlining, and then lined in white linen.

Gorgeous jacket!  the perfect combination with the fabric,love it!
Tailoring your dream

Ser Charlemagne

I'm going to enjoy this thread. When I get home I can't wait to see everyone's completed work. Part of the reason I love the faire so much is just to see all the attire everyone wears!

Here's my finished garb. This was my first steel boned garment, and really, my first set of complete garb, though I've made nearly 40 costumes in the past. I'd like to get a little hand harp to go with it, and it lacks a few minor accessories, to be obtained at faire this year. The brooch was a gift from my partner. :)

Toua Taru

Charlemagne, brava! I love the embroidered detailing along the neckline of the chemise and edging of the cloak. So wonderful ;D
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Ser Charlemagne

Quote from: Toua Taru on March 09, 2016, 07:20:24 PM
Charlemagne, brava! I love the embroidered detailing along the neckline of the chemise and edging of the cloak. So wonderful ;D

Thanks! I can't wait to wear it in a few weeks. I'm working on a bodice for someone else, and another outfit that was inspired by a character from the video game series Dragon Age! I'll post those as I get good photos.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lovely ensemble, Ser Charlemagne. The colors work well together.

I have been busier than snot myself with Commissions, alterations, family emergency,  and my own personal sewing projects. So please pardon my absence.

A set of Royal Guard tabards I drafted and made for a Renaissance performance group down in Omaha, Nebraska. Now on to commissions for clients in New York, Minnesota, Colorado, and another one in Nebraska. I designed these tabards to resemble the likeness of our Royal Guards here in Minnesota.

The Captain's Cavalier Shirt and Black Tabard. The Captain then ordered a lined cloak. I am waiting on the embroidered appliques in a smaller size to add to it.

I made 4 of the Red tabards, fully lined, appliques from a company in London, Ohio 6" by 9" in size. I was very pleased with them.

Ser Charlemagne

Thank you! I 100% understand what you mean about being busy with commissions. GOOD LUCK! I'm hoping to stop taking cosplay commissions within the next year or two, and limit myself to just garb commissions. I'm thinking of offering embroidery services to the boards, which I'll have to research a little more.

Love the way the Royal Guard costumes came out, though! I love the trim and the lines on them.

Ser Charlemagne

Sorry  for the double post! I have a few photos of some finished work that I've done in the past for others. Some were made inspired by a painting, others by video games, and such.

An original design based on a character from a video game series.

This doublet was made of bedsheets. I'm not even kidding. The mantle ended up having fur on the collar.

The very first set of garb I ever made! This is my friend in her gown, modeled after a painting of Princess Elizabeth.

isabelladangelo

DSC00204 par Isabella, on ipernity

My new chopines!  You can read more about them here

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Well done Isabella and Ser Charlemagne. Huzzah!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Viking Shield Maiden is finished. The trim is a 1" wool trim from Russia. There was enough to sew around the neck, with 10" to spare.

The inspiration that the client sent me for this ensemble that she liked. This was a fun project to do.