Author Topic: Gallery of Finished Projects  (Read 449004 times)

Offline Butch

• R/F.com Member
Re: Gallery of Finished Projects
« Reply #4605 on: October 04, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »
Just wonderful!  That hat works well with it.

Offline Butch

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #4606 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
I keep thinking of this photo, and now I realize why:  blackworked sleeves!  Don't you have a chemise with blackwork?  What would that look like, peeking out?  Not trying to criticize your beautiful work, just mentioning what's been gnawing at me.

And I saw that Outlander dress; wow!  I think I'll make it for my wife!  a SIMPLICITY pattern?

Offline operafantomet

• R/F.com Member
    • The Anéa Costume Site
« Reply #4607 on: January 18, 2017, 02:09:05 AM »
Didn't manage to get pictures of my dress Opening weekend when I was wearing it, but snapped a few tonight. Few things to add eventually, but those are all components I haven't finished yet. Thankfully I had my leather belt on so I could keep most of the dress out of the mud. Both dresses are 100% linen and all the hems (minus the bottom hems) are finished by hand. Green dress is side lacing with hand sewn eyelets and red dress has lacing rings as I plan on adding trim to it once its woven. Belt is tablet woven.

All headwear pieces were sewn, knitted and/or felted by hand.

And while I don't have any decent pictures of his garb, I did make all of my friend's garb as well, including the trim on the doublet. I'm hoping Larson and Neve will be able to make it back to MNRF as a duo this year! (Larson will be there most weekends)

This is absolutely stunning! I'm floored.

Offline Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

• R/F.com Member
  • Maker of Fyne Attyre, Royal Wardrobe Designer
    • Custom Desgns By Lady Kathleen
« Reply #4608 on: January 27, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »

Well done, Puck. This is a stunning ensemble indeed.

A recent piece I sent off to Cape Cod yesterday. A Steampunk/Fantasy Pirate coat as requested by one of my good repeat clients. The Chenille Brocade came from an eBay vendor in LA. The Iron On trim from a vendor in South Korea. It is just awesome. The contrast Chenille was from JoAnn's Decorator Fabric section. The buttons from a vendor in New York City that took 3 weeks to get to me. But once I got them, I was happy. They finish the ensemble.

The fabric for the vest was from a new client in Michigan who happened to have a skirt she made of it that was too small for her. I made her a new Linen Elizabethan Chemise in exchange, plus materials and shipping. This client is asking for even more garb in the coming months.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Online Trillium

• Forum Moderator
  • R/F.com Member
  • Distribution Mistress of Faerie Dust
Gallery of Finished Projects
« Reply #4609 on: January 28, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
That trim is gorgeous!!!!

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Got faerie dust?

Offline Lady Renee Buchanan

• R/F.com Member
  • Sand Wench, Keeper of the Royal Surfboards, Ette
« Reply #4610 on: January 28, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
Absolutely stunning.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Offline Rani Zemirah

• R/F.com Member
  • Wandering Gypsy Drabarni
« Reply #4611 on: January 28, 2017, 04:28:24 PM »
(sigh)  I have apparently missed being able to see some of the most recent additions here, which makes me very sad. I don't get to visit very often these days, so I don't get to see things as they are posted. I'm extremely curious about the Outlander garb photos, and the Bilbo Baggins coat!  I think I did get to see a photo of the coat once, but not as it was worn. The photos as AM able to see are all truly lovely, though! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #4612 on: January 31, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »

My young client, with dad looking on, in his Bilbo Baggins coat and vest. The Medium wale corduroy for the coat was ordered from a Vendor in the UK because no one in the United States carried the color of Corduroy I needed to make this. The Buttons for the vest came from WETA studios in New Zealand. Dad made the feet using boots and other materials. The pattern for the coat and vest were a period Victorian Coat pattern from McCalls that I sized down to an Xtra small man for a 10 year old boy.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:50:09 PM by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted »

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #4613 on: January 31, 2017, 02:41:06 PM »

The Simplicity OUTLANDER pattern I used to make my Buchannan plaid dress. I suggest making the front skirt panel straight down rather than at the slight curve as the pattern dictates.

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #4614 on: February 08, 2017, 12:14:06 AM »

My client in his new coat and vest.

Offline Rani Zemirah

• R/F.com Member
  • Wandering Gypsy Drabarni
« Reply #4615 on: March 25, 2017, 10:54:31 AM »
Oh, thank you, LadyK!  They're all gorgeous, as always!  I love the color of the Baggins coat, and the fabric looks so snuggly!  And the Outlander outfit is just dreamy!  I did get to see the pirate coat in that other place, and it is definitely eye catching, as well!  Thank you for reposting them for me, that was so nice of you.    :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:56:47 AM by Rani Zemirah »
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #4616 on: April 11, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »

The 1st Earl of Lincoln

My version of it is now finished and will be sent off to my client in Bellvue, Nebraska.

I decided to add buttons on the sleeves as decoration depicted in the portrait. The sleeves now look more complete.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:15:38 AM by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted »

Offline songbird2353

• R/F.com Member
    • KirtleTheTurtle
« Reply #4617 on: April 21, 2017, 09:36:39 AM »
It's been finished for ages but I never posted it... my green peasant dress! I blogged about it at http://kirtletheturtle.wordpress.com

The dress is a green "amaretto" rayon/linen blend from Joann's, with the bodice interlined with cotton canvas and lined with thin cotton fabric. I splurged and bought hanky-weight linen for the chemise, and maybe someday I'll stop being lazy and actually put cuffs on it instead of rolling the sleeves up. The petticoat skirt is quilting cotton gathered onto a wide waistband.
Also worn with my black hose and rain boots, as the Mid-South faire had torrential ran three days out of four last year. The wide-brimmed straw hat kept the rain off very well, even if it did make my face impossibly shaded out in photos.

The Tennessee Renaissance Festival had much better weather, and I put together a flower crown (wow it ended up huge) and sewed a faux-suede pouch for my valuables.

I drafted the kirtle pattern myself. Any tips on how to keep it from wrinkling like you see in the photos would be very welcome! :) I did turn out a bit big.

Offline Cilean

• R/F.com Member
  • Fabricologist Garbmaker)O(Faire Finger Thrower)O(
    • Silver Semptress
« Reply #4618 on: May 30, 2017, 11:24:42 AM »

Hello Everyone!

Although life has been hectic and I am sorry not to get to post here as much as I used to, I wanted to show you some of the completed Gowns and projects!

Black and Silver is my take on Mary Queen of Scots gown, what I found out is never have a shorter person take a tall person's photo, because you end up looking like a Gigantor!! LOL  8)

My Newest Gown with Pearled sleeves and pinks it has shot silk of the same cerise color and grey.  I bought the sleeve and forepart fabric when I was last in the UK.

Okay so this one is a camping or tourney gown it was extremely hot that day and I took off my partlet to get air!

This is the Big Pig it wieghs 30lbs and people will not allow me to go more than 5 feet without getting a photo op! It is nice, but when you have to potty? Not so much! ;D

Okay I am currently working on sets of ruffs wish me luck!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #4619 on: June 17, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
Well done, Cilean! Huzzah to you.

I have been busy of late as well with Alterations, Commissions, and managed to squeak in some things foe me. A Pirate Coat and a Baroque ensemble made From Fabrics and supplies in my stash for an upcoming SciFi/Fantasy convention in July. This year, I am dressing up as a Time Traveler from different periods.

My Baroque ensemble. I love this period of dress for men and women from the late 1600's as I do the Elizabethan period. This ensemble was inspired by the BBC series that launched Masterpiece Theater called THE FIRST CHURCHILLS. The costuming is spot on for the Baroque period from King Charles II to Queen Anne.

For the Coat, I used the Simplicity Jack Sparrow pattern with modifications. I lined it as well. I used the same pattern for the shirt. The Vest, the JP Ryan waistcoat pattern with functional pockets. The Breeches, I drafted a pattern for them and included hidden pockets. The hat, Lynn McMasters Tall Elizabethan hat pattern, modified to bring down the height of the crown and widened the brim.

My new Pirate coat. I have worn it several times now.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:27:37 AM by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted »

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us
YeOldeRF