News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyElizabeth

I finally got my new breast plate (which happens to be the only thing I didn't make that I"m wearing)...  I'm trying to re-create the outfit QE1 wore to give her army the speech when the Spanish Armada was invading in 1585.  The breastplate is etched with Tudor roses even...  From my research, she wore a white velvet outfit, but I just went with my all white outfit I already made.  I just finished my new crown base too.  I made it out of wire and bunny fur.  I sewed some beads on it also and made an place to attach my other fancy crown of carnelians and bronze to the top of it... It's hard to see thru my hair, but I think it turned out well.  The hanging sleeves are also newer.  They were made to sort of model the ones from the Ditchley portrait.

Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Aelwyn

That's just AMAZING!

And...and...is that a PARASOL holder on the back of your belt?????
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira

LadyElizabeth

Well technically it's a leather arm bracer!!!  hehe.. doubles as a parasol holder... actually was bought JUST for that purpose!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Aelwyn

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on June 06, 2008, 05:40:51 PM
Well technically it's a leather arm bracer!!!  hehe.. doubles as a parasol holder... actually was bought JUST for that purpose!

heehee!  I saw that in the parasol thread right after I posted this.  Awesome idea! :)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

A great idea indeed!!! I will have to do that!!!

Though a Lady or a Queen must take care when seating.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Amyj

Ok, here is a link to a good picture of the wee kilt I made for my 2 yr old nephew's first faire...http://rocketgnome.smugmug.com/photos/305177151_i3hTD-M.jpg
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Aelwyn

Quote from: Amyj on June 09, 2008, 05:29:25 PM
Ok, here is a link to a good picture of the wee kilt I made for my 2 yr old nephew's first faire...http://rocketgnome.smugmug.com/photos/305177151_i3hTD-M.jpg

OMG!!! I love his itty bitty sporran!

Cobaltblu

Beautiful clothing Lady Elizabeth.

If I didn't know better I would have mistook you for my cousin Melissa since you look like a carbon copy of her.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

operafantomet

I wore the Unicorn dress this weekend, and it was soooo comfortable even though the sun was burning. I was joined by a smashing 18.th century dressed friend, and one of her family members in ca. 1920s fashion:

Minor stuff still remains, but it's mostly trims and finishing touches. It's definitely wearable as it is now! I will add an embroideried petticoat later on, though.

Sir Dragon

Guess I will show some of what I have done:

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ottheinrich

Sir Dragon  that is quite stunning garb you have

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

A finished Tudor ensemble for a client...

The front. When worn, the bodice will smooth out. There are also false undersleeves with added poofs that will tie under. The back of the outer gown has a corded tie. French Hood has a Silk Drape.

From the side.

The pattern I used was the Reconstructing History one. The instructions that came with the pattern were written, no illustraions. Thank goodness I had the Tudor Tailor book to guide me as to what went where.  The client will add her various jewelry accessories to make the ensemble more complete.

When working at the costume shop, I did quasi-Tudor for stage plays where being period correct was not that important. There was a lot of hand work on this project.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Renee Buchanan

The Tudor gown is gorgeous, Lady K.  I imagine your client must be over-the-moon thrilled with it!  It certainly is a head-turner.  That's one lucky gal!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Yhis was me who got this dress.

I will admit at first, It was not quite what I wanted from the photos I sent. BUT and I do mean a BIG BUT after getting it and wearing it, I was thrilled with it as was Toki (Thomas) seeing me in it. I really felt like a lady of court having to have someone help dress me.

It is a gorgouse dress and I cannot believe how many times I was stopped and asked if I where the Queen. This brought so many smiles to my face especially when it was children and I would try to talk to them. Most got scared as young children do, and not talk. While I was a playton at the COlorado Faire, I felt like I was of court with how others treated me.

So HUZZAH to Lady K for a marvoulous, two thumbs up job.

I might add that I was stopped MANY times also asking how hot I was, even by ladies of court. Even with the faux fur in 90 degree temps yesterday I was never overly hot. If anything I felt worse by a tight corset. The heat while it made me sweat some actually helped keep me cool. The hardest part was my arms will very tired and weak from carring around all the extra weight on my arms. I usually didn't walk with both at my sides all day. I was either using or carrying my parasol, hand my hand over Toki's (As a lady should of court with her escourt) or with a very cold drink in my hand. Keeping hydrated was the key.

Also at about 2:00 pm Toki and I went back to our vehichle as his feet were hurting him. So at this time we shed the dress and his doublet and boots for about an hour and drank even more water and iced tea in the shade and where there was a nice breeze. I only wish I could have removed my corset.

OH and this dress works just fine even without my corset, but I'd still rather wear it than not.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e